Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

car advice..

Comments

• Options
    Loads on autotrader for under £6k
  • Options
    Don't even consider French they are utterly shite.

Basically stick with Jap that is built in Jap if you want reliability.MPV's are okay but for all round practicality get an Estate

Go to www.whatcar.com and see what the owners say.

If you want my opinion, stick with Japanese (that ain't built on Wearside or France).
  • Options
    just worry about buying private have had some right dodgy deals in the past and no one in my family is mechanicaly minded to come with and check it over.
  • Options
    yeah shop around - if buying used.

if you go main dealer barter with the bastards - i got and extra 1k off of mine - car buyers market don't forget
  • Options
    cheers ledge. we really had thought the Note was the best 'family' car but glad i checked as it sounds like a duffer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]just worry about buying private have had some right dodgy deals in the past and no one in my family is mechanicaly minded to come with and check it over.

That's my problem with the two cars ive found in my price range - Too Expensive from dealers!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ever since Renault took over Nissan, their products are utterly gash.
    Everythign goes wrong with them and when its time to service - you pay French manufacturers rates.

Note being one of them. Bring back the hearing aid coloured DATSUNS.

Best thing is to test whatever car yerself
  • Options
    AA check is a must for private, never even contemplate it without it, and then go over the report with a tooth comb.

Dealers are really tight at the moment on used cars and trade ins on used, they have also begun short stocking as they are no longer all owned by the manufacturers I guess?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]if you go main dealer barter with the bastards - i got and extra 1k off of mine - car buyers market don't forget

Especially if you have cash and no part exchange... they'll be falling over themselves to sell you that car! Try and get some extras as well (not that sort)
  • Options
    as i said we have 6 and half in cash, will rock up with a briefcase and make the bastards dance.. we went to nissan in dartford a few weeks back, they were shite they had 2 used notes we were keen on both 7995, we asked about finance on them and a brand new one, the guy said he would call us back but never did, everyday u read how car firms are hanging on so if i rock up at vw dartford with my wad surely they cant let us go? 6.5k or nowt, they must take the 6k..

p.s. if anyone wants to know where the 6k is its right next to my uzi 9milimeter my 2 headed bastard rotwviler and the missus mother... so good luck... he he...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Total Honda fans in this family. We've got six between us and we've been buying Honda's for many years. Just wouldn't consider anything else even if they're not cool.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Total Honda fans in this family[/quote]

what one mate? like the Jazz..
  • Options
    The Jazz is a great car.

Bombproof engines and relability and the kind of space that would put a family car to shame.

The new ones been out since November and its catering for the kinds of drivers who need to downsize but stil need the toys of the bigger cars.

The old model which is still on sale at good prices is great as well and dealers are keen to shift them. Honda dealers look after you.

They don't do a diesel but nowadays that does not matter - not in a small car anyway.
  • Options
    you dont work for Honda do you pork pie? he he
  • Options
    No mate I work in Pharmaceuticals.

I drive a Toyota but now my diesel obsession is on the wane and if I had the cash I'd buy a Jazz
  • Options
    do they have enough boot space? buggy and weeks shopping?
  • Options
    Civic, Jazz and CRV's. Jazz is superb, good design plus it survived daughter and sons without any breakdowns at all. We have a diesel CRV but that's because we're saddos and tow a caravan.
  • Options
    Its got nearly 400 litres of boot space and the rear seats not only fold down, but they also can flip up like in the cinema. Even When the rear seats are in the normal upright position, there is space to put a load of stuff under the seats. Also theres nearly a dozen cup holders for beer.

Honda call them "magic seats". I'd call it fecking clever.
  • Options
    right were down now to either the Touran or a Jazz, Touran is bigger but pricier, Jazz looks smart too so will pop down to bexheath and have a chat and see what they have got..

Jazz:

Or

Touran:

But which is better.... Theres only one way to find out....
  • Options
    Check the links

Both cars are very different but yes the onyl way to find out is to sniff both. Vehicles.

Touran

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=539

Jazz 01-08

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=556

Jazz 08-

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=1174
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Slighty off topic, anyone that drives a Nissan and wants it serviced/Mot WITH the book stamped etc, but dont want to pay main dealer prices drop me a whisper, I know a man!! ;-0
  • Options
    Serious Post

Have a 06 Freelander top spec for sale but a shade over the price you are prepared to pay £8k. Fully serviced, v reliable and great for times like a few weeks ago when it snowed. Let me know if you're interested, no probs if not.
  • Options
    That is probably the new model. This has 67k but mainly motorway mileage. Car is in top condition, you are welcome to come and have a look and a driver round the block. Straight up. Ps how do you read the whisper ??
  • Options
    Don't understand this Whisper thing ? I thought it would be a private message. Good job I wasn't maligning anyone !!
  • Options
    You could always try this place:

http://www.thebigbluecarcompany.co.uk/

On Canvey Island - 30mins from Dartford Tunnel. Owned by my cousin. Ask for Stephen and tell him you are a friend of Tim's. He might do you a deal. Depends how business is.

Got our 02 Focus from him 2 years ago and it has never missed a beat.
  • Options
    I would just rubber stamp Robbo on the wing's recommendation of BCA Paddock Wood. I know a guy who sells 2nd hand cars and all he does is go over there, buy cars that have just finished a 3 year company lease with decent milage, whack on between £1k and £2k and put them on him forecourt.

Pips innit bruv.

Scroll down for list of cars this week--------> http://www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/Default.aspx?page=71
  • Options
    The Audi A3 does come in an estate. They call it an Avantaudi003gszn2.jpg

Although if my A4 Avant is anything to go by the A3 Avant might be a bit of a squeeze with 2 kids and all the associated crap they need
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]The Audi A3 does come in an estate. They call it an Avantaudi003gszn2.jpg

Although if my A4 Avant is anything to go by the A3 Avant might be a bit of a squeeze with 2 kids and all the associated crap they need

That looks strangely like an A4 Avant mate...!

header.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]right were down now to either the Touran or a Jazz, Touran is bigger but pricier, Jazz looks smart too so will pop down to bexheath and have a chat and see what they have got..

But which is better.... Theres only one way to find out....

Car Fight
  • Options
    A) Stay German and buy ex-company cars (fully serviced with paperwork)
    B) Stay German and drive a tough one with places like car supermarket or whatever they are called
    C) Stay German and pay more than you want
    D) Stay German and lease a vehicle and keep your 6 odd k for something that won't horrifically depreciate

E) Go native and follow your nose on something like a Focus for a lot less dough but don't touch anything French or Italian. And don't go near anything that does not have muchos paperworkos. Shiny cars are not always the best.

F) In case you haven't got the message, do not touch anything Italian or French (Peugeout, Renault, Citroen) they are built for manufacture not maintenance and are generally heaps of shit anyway.

G) Buy my Passat from me for a reasonable price