Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The week that was - Sat 20th Feb 1999. Derby 0 Charlton 2

edited February 2009 in General Charlton
Saturday 20th February 1999. Premier League. Pride Park Att: 27,853

Derby County 0 (0) Charlton Athletic 2 (0) (Hunt 64, Pringle 86)

Derby: Hoult, Prior, Stimac, Laursen (Harper 78), Delap (Bohinen 61), Powell, Carsley, Eranio, Dorigo, Sturridge (Wanchope 61), Burton. Unused subs: Knight, Schnoor.

Charlton: Royce, Mills, Tiler, Brown, Powell, Redfern, Kinsella (Barnes 19), K Jones (Barness 65), Pringle, Hunt, Robinson (Mendonca 73). Unused subs: Petterson, Bright.

Referee: Uriah D Rennie (Sheffield).

Ladmarks: Pringles goal was Charltons 50th in the league at Derby, the first time the club had scored 50 league goals at an away club. It was also Charlton's 12th win in the league at Derby which also represented a club away record.

The match also signalled the 500th point Alan Curbishley had won for Charlton since he took over as boss, initially with Steve Gritt.

Comments

• Options
    Was there for this I think, if it was the game I'm thinking, then I remember the Pringle goal well. We were under a lot of pressure then we break away and Pringle scores a one on one. Major celebrations.
  • Options
    John Barnes coming on as sub for Charlton - who would have thought it?

I know we got relegated in the end but that season - especially with hindsight - really was a lot of fun, wasn't it?

Beating Saints 5-0 and going top, the 3-3 at Anfield and the 1-0 win over Liverpool at home, the 4-3 win at Villa and Hunty getting a brace at Spuds.

Happy (ish) days.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    No wonder they didnt score - look who was playing up front for them...
  • Options
    Remember that, good away day. Pringle broke away from half way to score late on.
  • Options
    I always remember this one because 5 (all big fellas) of us went up in a car. The car was so overladen we all had to get out just so that we could get the car off the drive.......... it was a miracle that we ever made it.
  • Options
    jesus christ.
    that was 10 effing years ago.
  • Options
    For some reason, didn't go this one.

Was on an all-dayer in Upper Belvedere. Remember we were all getting anxious in front of the big screen in the CIU club as it was 1-0. Must have been a late finish, because i can remember virtually every result coming in and i was pacing the room.

Then Jeff Stelling goes 'would you believe it, late drama at Pride Park' and we all thought we had conceded, then it come up Pringle had scored and we went as bonkers as you could possibly imagine !
  • Options
    Great day out that. Hurdled about 3 rows of seats when Pringle scored the 2nd. Totally nuts.

Very messy on the way home. . . . . . as per usual.
  • Options

Shamon muther f**ker
  • Options
    this was NLAs birthday game that year and we were on the train up at about 8am with a lot of booze into a pub by 10am and all of us plastered by midday. Fatrob was thrown out for smoking another of our group martin was arrested at this game for stricking a copper as he was also throw out for smoking think he had to go back 3 time for the court case before it was thrown out i think. back to the same pub very drunk by the end off the day but a mad day out in the end. Dont remember much of the game just going mad at prongles winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good day out...........they mostly were that season
  • Options
    was there
  • Options
    Was that the one Pringle scored when the ball bounced in off his arse?
  • Options
    good piss up at this one ... the glory years .... never to be forgotten and always appreciated ty AC
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]John Barnes coming on as sub for Charlton - who would have thought it?

I know we got relegated in the end but that season - especially with hindsight - really was a lot of fun, wasn't it?

Beating Saints 5-0 and going top, the 3-3 at Anfield and the 1-0 win over Liverpool at home, the 4-3 win at Villa and Hunty getting a brace at Spuds.

Happy (ish) days.

Great day- I was there (with nne of the now Canadian Addicks)-

Pringle's goal sent every one completely mental
  • Options
    Remember this one, parked up away from the ground and walked along the river,first visit to derby's new ground, was a brilliant goal from pringle.

10 years ago,let's hope we dont get relegated?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eddieaddick[/cite]this was NLAs birthday game that year and we were on the train up at about 8am with a lot of booze into a pub by 10am and all of us plastered by midday. Fatrob was thrown out for smoking another of our group martin was arrested at this game for stricking a copper as he was also throw out for smoking think he had to go back 3 time for the court case before it was thrown out i think. back to the same pub very drunk by the end off the day but a mad day out in the end. Dont remember much of the game just going mad at prongles winner.

was one of the most memorable away games in yonks

very boozy, very illegal, very very very funny

all in all

I hope to feck Derby away this year will be as close to that day as possible
  • Options
    Was there but don't strangely remember too much about it. Was really excited to see Eranio who was a world class full back. Derby weren't up too much and on the slide and I think Eranio hadn't got over a long term knee injury, but he was still the classiest player on the pitch his touch was awesome just he couldn't get up the pitch so easily anymore. Shame Baino had burnt out the season before as I'd like to have seen him as well.

What I remember we were good value as was Barnsey, spraying passes round the middle and Pringle's half the pitch run was great fun. I kind of got fed up that season when Curbs broke up the Tiler Brown partnership, thought they really worked against the teams we could beat. Great and frustrating season but any bit of class we lacked was no problem as virtually every player busted a gut - apart from woeful Redfearn. Especially Andy Hunt who had to struggle without Mendonca for long periods, thought the guy just worked his socks off.

Had a ticket for the Villa match but the bird wanted a trip to Brighton. Completely wasted weekend.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]John Barnes coming on as sub for Charlton - who would have thought it?

Happy (ish) days.

Great day- I was there (with nne of the now Canadian Addicks)-

Pringle's goal sent every one completely mental

That's right Dave - great celebrations for Pringle's goal - 10 years (shudders !)

Albertan
  • Options
    1st season in the Premier. A good away victory against a decent Derby side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Got some grief after this game from a group of Derby fans when I was with my boy (who was 12 at the time). One of them took a swing at me which I managed to avoid and I dropped him with a cracking left hander as he swung past me.

Thankfully they decided to leave me and my boy alone - but I remember me telling him not to mention it to his mum, him bigging me up and me struggling to drive home as my hand hurt me so much!