Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lords ticket ballot for 2009 Major Fixtures

Well everybody, the Lords ticket ballot is now open, allowing you into the ballot for the Ashes test and the 2 ODIs against the Aussies. Not quite sure how but the Lords big wigs in the long room must have not realised we're in recession as the adult tickets have now gone up to an incredible inflation-busting £95 per person.

I normally go to Lords at least once or twice a season as I love my cricket but at that price, I really think they are taking liberties and I for one will be watching the games on my Sky HD service instead.

How on earth can they justify £95 per person? last year I paid £60 for a ticket in the upper grand stand for one of the ODIs so thats a £35 a ticket increase.

Sorry, rant over lol.

Comments

• Options
    jeez, that's steep.

Lets just go on the lash and watch one of the one-days up town
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Well everybody, the Lords ticket ballot is now open, allowing you into the ballot for the Ashes test and the 2 ODIs against the Aussies. Not quite sure how but the Lords big wigs in the long room must have not realised we're in recession as the adult tickets have now gone up to an incredible inflation-busting £95 per person.

I normally go to Lords at least once or twice a season as I love my cricket but at that price, I really think they are taking liberties and I for one will be watching the games on my Sky HD service instead.

How on earth can they justify £95 per person? last year I paid £60 for a ticket in the upper grand stand for one of the ODIs so thats a £35 a ticket increase.

Sorry, rant over lol.

Supply and demand is how they would justify it.

Would your team, Spurs, charge you the same to watch Rochdale at White Hart Lane as Man U?

England v Australia has far more pulling power than England v New Zealand say.

I'm not saying I think it is right in fact I consider it immoral but that is how they would justify it.
  • Options
    that just aint cricket jonny boy..

• Options
    I do believe that a fair proportion of the money will be going to good causes the chief of which is the Stanford Rescue Fund.
  • Options
    Ooh Aah is/was a ST holder at Lords.

Imagine a whole day of dull cricket and him waffling on about the great days of Crubs :o(
  • Options
    I manage to apply for 2 lower tier Compton (?!) stand tickets at £55 each. When I was at the MCG I think I paid about AUS$30 for a boxing day test ticket. If only our cricket stadiums were of a similar size...
  • Options
    I'm sure les applied for tickets for the both of us - he told me they were £20!!!!!!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I'm sure les applied for tickets for the both of us - he told me they were £20!!!!!!
    There were £20 tickets but they were at the back of lower tiers.

For "juveniles" as they put it.
  • Options
    £95 sounds a lot of cash - until you consider that an Ashes Test at Lords happens once every four years and will be the most important fixture in the calendar until the Aussies come again circa 2113.

Six hours at the most significant game of the next four years for the same cost as dinner for two in a half-decent London restaurant with an OK bottle of wine?

Suddenly it doesn't sound quite so exorbitant after all.

Frankly, they could probably charge £150 a ticket and Lords would still sell out.
  • Options
    The cheapest seat for the Oval test is £55. All gone including the 5th day since mid Movember.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am there for all 5 days v the Convicts...... and I get paid!!
  • Options
    Yes, but a day at Lords is a special experience, and will be going into the ballot. I got my letter from the MCC inviting me today, and even the letter is a lovely '30's style job, shame about the Stanford series application, but we all make mistakes...
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh and the MCC say ,

the price for the Saturday v Oz in 2009 is the same as last season (v SAffers) and day 4 ticket prices have been reduced from 2008 levels

he May test v the West Indies is £5 cheaper than last year (New Zealand) for adults and childrens prices have been reduced by 50% to £10 from £20

So they have taken credit crunch into account.

Good on the MCC I say.
  • Options
    You can get a "1 day season-ticket" for (super) Kent for £99.
    Thats all the Benson & Hedges, NatWest, (or whatever they're called this season) and Twenty/20 games, with priority for any finals we get 2 (and lose).
  • Options
    Got some forms through the other day.I'm guessing the Stanford series is a No no.
  • Options
    The Kent season ticket is great value if you live in Canterbury - I guess.