Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jade Goody's imminent demise

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]The Daily Star claims that "An ambulance and medical staff from the Royal Marsden hospital were waiting throughout the day at the venue." If it's true - and it's the Daily Star, so draw your own conclusions - it's good to know that the Royal Marsden is so over-staffed that it can afford to send staff along for this one special patient.

My brother was treated and indeed died at Royal Marsden, I can vouch for the superb patient care that RM offers. In many cases nurses, doctors, admin staff etc went out of their way on several occasions to bend the rules. For example, one night after sitting up half the night with my then terminally ill brother I was physically too tired to drive home. Instead I slept on the floor of the office, strictly speaking I was breaking the rules - this was a critical care ward after all, but the staff at the hospital not only waived the rules but brought me tea and toast in the morning. An ambulance on call for a terminally ill patient on her wedding day is I think totally in order.
  • Options
    this should not turn in to a witch hunt on the right and wrongs of Jade Goody it is a good thread with mixed views on certain aspects but the one common feel is that it is going to be a tragic loss for her family of one so young.

Good luck to them i say those are my last views on the subject as it is very sad
  • Options
    Karma anyone for the Big Brother Racism debacle? I bet that is the unspoken thought in many peolpes mind. And before anyone says that I am not taking the plight of Cancer seriously- my father-in-law and My brother's father-in-law have both been diagnosed with it in the last month and so good luck to her in raising awareness.

Fair enough Stubbs, if you had made clear that you were condisering the thoughts of any extremist nutjobs who were canvasing for Jade's death over the so called debcle and not those of the general public I certainly would have understood your point better.

Anyway no ill vibes here(excuse the pun) and wish the best for your extended family in this tough time.
  • Options
    I married my wife while she was terminally ill with ovarian cancer, the local pub charged us sixty quid for the reception including food. worlds apart from all this but I hope the love felt and expressed was as equally strong.
  • Options
    Beautiful story Shrew. Nothing better than people coming together to support each other. Lots of lessons to be learnt there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]I married my wife while she was terminally ill with ovarian cancer, the local pub charged us sixty quid for the reception including food. worlds apart from all this but I hope the love felt and expressed was as equally strong.

Hey Shrew, that's stopped me in my steps and I 'know' Jade Goody better than I know you. Wonderful story good luck to you and the missus.
  • Options
    just another slant on the whole thing..........I was flicking through the channells on Sky tonight during the Hull/Spurs game and came accross the Jade Goody prog that has been recorded over the last 6-12 months.

It showed her taking her 2 kids to school (aged 3 and5) by car - Both in the back t but not in child seats........which is the lAW..

and I thought she cared about them .......ahhhhh
  • Options
    edited February 2009
  • Options
    * nth london addick
    * CommentTime16 hours ago

quote# 91
    come on folks lets not think for one minute that she didnt deserve the help from the hospital on her wedding day, it didnt say if she contributed to them did it?

those that have their lives blighted by cancer will tell you the love and support given by those who are treating and helping you through the worst time in the world go to places and do things far beyond their job spec

at the end of the day someone is dying for fuks sake
    Spot on North. I utterly despise What Jade Goody represents that World where it's OK to be a talentless, know nothing Bermondsey slapper and get away with it to the tune of many millions of pounds but if my own experiences of Cancer (One dead friend, Step Father and Grandfather all died. Mother is in remission Dad has recently been diagnosed) are anything to go by I know the end will come slowly and painfully for Jade. Cancer brings with it the kind of loss of dignity and the self that is ghastly to see. It's a terrible way to go and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, given my family history I'll be lucky to escape it myself.
  • Options
    But then again....

..OMFG:

Losing faith in humankind