Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon's contract

2»

Comments

• Options
    a bit premature to claim Dickson is a good player
  • Options
    Whilst our situation may be more precarious than some other clubs (financially and league wise) I think the economy is going to impact on most clubs (overdrafts etc) so that it may be the case that there will be smaller squads around and a reduction in the total number of contracts on offer.

I am not sure if this will be to our advantage or not but it should be an opportunity to get our club on a more sound financial basis in terms of basic squad costs and I for one will welcome that whatever League we are in.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]If we go down and keep the right players, next years team could be Elliott, Murty, Fortune, ?, Youga, Sam, Bailey, Spring, Racon, Jonjo, Dickson. Think that would be good enough to walk League1 as long as we had a couple of half decent Centre Backs bought in.[/quote]

after the last few years I don't think we are in a position to talk about walking any league.[/quote]

Why not, if I did not have hope that Charlton will turn this around I would probably struggle to keep my motivation to continue going. Our history has always had ups and downs, just because you have a couple of bad years doesn't mean the next one won't be much better...football is a funny old game afterall.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Why not, if I did not have hope that Charlton will turn this around I would probably struggle to keep my motivation to continue going. Our history has always had ups and downs, just because you have a couple of bad years doesn't mean the next one won't be much better...football is a funny old game afterall.

I think his point was walking the league is a bit strong. Contend for promotion maybe, but we won't walk any league.

Could see Fortune, Sam, Bailey, Racon and Jonjo all potentially getting offers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]a bit premature to claim Dickson is a good player

As is Murty staying
  • Options
    I can see Murty joining in the summer, he is 34/35 and looking for the last contract of his playing career and I can't see Reading wanting him regardless of which division they'll be playing in next season. Mou2 will be off as he hasn't settled and needs a fresh start to his career and that means we'll need a RB and Murty will be a cheap replacement.
  • Options
    Given that our parachute money runs out this season I think every player in the squad will have his price. I'm sure Parky would want to keep Bailey, Spring, Dicko etc, but if decent offers come in for them, they'll be off.