Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Palace crowd tonight

2»

Comments

• Options
    When I went to Smellhurst earlier this season my seat happened to be in the front three or four rows from the front...firstly there was NO seat there...it was completely missing and secondly there was about half an inch of water stretching for about five or six seats either side...some of which were also missing.
    F'ing outrageous.....I was wearing leather soled shoes and my feet were pretty soon soon cold and damp, I had to stand in this puddle for the entire game.
    All this despite asking stewards to re seat me which was denied with the obligatory..."Write to the club." comments.
  • Options
    And did you "write to the club" ? SoundAs ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]firstly there was NO seat there...
    All this despite asking stewards to re seat me which was denied with the obligatory..."Write to the club." comments.

Not a clue who could have caused that....
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'd expect there to be a lot of exiled Brummies in and around London.

But would they want to come to your shithouse of a ground.

Wouldn't you want to see your team, if they were 2nd in the league, and leaving the Chamionship behind? Well one out of two isn't too bad I suppose.

Not at £30 a pop to sit in that cesspit, no!

Nice joke, I'd still rather get relegated than be Palace.
  • Options
    15,602 at Boro v West Ham and there was a decent WHU turn out there.

OK, a reply on TV and Boro are poor at the moment.

Then again Palace would love to get over 15k at home when it's not a derby game.
  • Options
    Over 3,000 Hammers at the game.

The club laid on free coaches....... I wonder where they got that idea from?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]firstly there was NO seat there...

Not a clue who could have caused that....
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I'd expect there to be a lot of exiled Brummies in and around London.

But would they want to come to your shithouse of a ground.

Wouldn't you want to see your team, if they were 2nd in the league, and leaving the Chamionship behind? Well one out of two isn't too bad I suppose.

Not at £30 a pop to sit in that cesspit, no!

Nice joke, I'd still rather get relegated than be Palace.

Looks like you'll be happy soon then.
  • Options
    24 outstanding CCJs for that nice Mr Jordan currently.

How many points deduction for administration budgie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]When I went to Smellhurst earlier this season my seat happened to be in the front three or four rows from the front...firstly there was NO seat there...it was completely missing and secondly there was about half an inch of water stretching for about five or six seats either side...some of which were also missing.
    F'ing outrageous.....I was wearing leather soled shoes and my feet were pretty soon soon cold and damp, I had to stand in this puddle for the entire game.

So how did you get Directors box tickets then?
    Friends of Tangoman, me thinks ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]24 outstanding CCJs for that nice Mr Jordan currently.

How many points deduction for administration budgie?

Enough to make it an interesting end to the season.

Hopefully though, thats one thing that won't happen, listening to my more learned friends on the BBS, Jordan can't afford administration to happen.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited February 2009
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Where did they find these pictures?!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I should imagine off of Palarse web sites.....or London Zoo.
  • Options
    Just imagine going into the Norwich game and we are in 3rd from bottom place, and learning ......

Palace had just gone into Administration.

Or doesn't it work like that anymore, can't remember?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Just imagine going into the Norwich game and we are in 3rd from bottom place, and learning ......

Palace had just gone into Administration.

Or doesn't it work like that anymore, can't remember?

fraid not oggy. It'd go onto next seasons point I think.

Mind you, 3rd from bottom???? lol
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Afraid it could apply this season Budgie.

The league can decide to either deduct the points in the current season if that would alter the relegation/promotion situation or carry it over to the following season if, for example, a club was already down and then went into admin to try and dodge the penalty ala Leeds and Boston.

However as Palace are mainly in debt to Mr Jordan there is no point in him putting them into administration as it would be he who would lose out.

The threat to Palace would be the HMRC or another large creditor issuing a winding up order for an unpaid debt and the banks calling in all the loans and overdrafts. Jordan would then either have to pay up or pull out. Jordan is, IMHO, savy enough to avoid CPFC costing him any more than it has already but at some point he will run out of things to pawn to pay the bills and then........

Charlton's finances may not be a pretty sight but at least there are some fixed assets and very low external debt. The cost cutting next season will be nasty but with nearly all the high earners leaving anyway we will have a head start. Anyone want to buy Andy Gray BTW
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

The threat to Palace would be the HMRC or another large creditor issuing a winding up order for an unpaid debt and the banks calling in all the loans and overdrafts.

I've just put in an anonymous call to the Tax Office, and they've promised to investigate.
    Apparently, the guy I spoke to was a Norwich fan and promised to do his best.

Now, who does Jordan/Palace bank with?
    I don't mind making the phone call.

PS: Sorry Budgie. It might be our only chance of staying up.

;o)
  • Options
    Henry as you say Jordans not gonna let it happen, he simply has too much to lose.

Oggy, we'll try and do you a favour at Watford tomorrow. ;)
  • Options
    Yes please, Budgie. I'll take that, mate.

;o)