Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Swansea Ticket Needed/Wanted

So, I've now decided I want to go tomorrow but all the tickets have been sent back to Wales & they are not selling away tickets on the day. Does anybody have any suggestions? What are the risks in turning up & buying a ticket for a home area?

Comments

• Options
    Ring Swansea and ask if you can purchase one over the phone and collect it tomorrow.
  • Options
    I'm in the same position!

Really fancy this one now

let me know if you have any luck
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    thought they were available from The Valley in person until 3pm today.

just checked and seen it was 3pm Thursday, bad luck lads.
  • Options
    I've now spoken to the Swansea ticket office & the charming lady I spoke to told me that they just don't sell tickets for the away end, ever! Full stop. Away suporters HAVE to buy them from their own club. And Charlton stopped selling tickets at 3pm on Thursday. So that's that then. What a totally bizarre arrangement & very disappointing. Oh well, CAFCTV it is then.
  • Options
    WSS might give you his (he will probably think sack the footy and visit some old haunts from his uni days )

Hard luck mate. It is a very weird arrangment indeed. It is not as if we sold all of them is it?

I have mine right here and will be off in a few hours.
  • Options
    just a suggestion but I'd change the thread heading to 'Swansea Ticket Wanted' or similar as someone with a spare might not look here under the current heading. You never know.
  • Options
    do we operate the same policy?
  • Options
    what would happen to an away fan who had 'accidentally' bought a ticket in a home stand?
  • Options
    nothing if they kept themselves to themselves.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If you are going to purchase one in the home end, make sure when you phone up you've got a bucket of phlegm in your mouth and practice close harmony singing before you take your seat......:o) There's tidy advice boy!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    & do ask "whos coat is that jacket !!".
  • Options
    I meant if you explained your silly mistake to the stewards - they might possibly let you in to the away end
  • Options
    Put a dab of mint sauce behind your ears.

The locals just won't be able to say 'no'.
  • Options
    I've just had an e-mail from Swansea saying that if I can persuade the Charlton ticket office to take my money, then Charlton can arrange for me to pick up the ticket at the ground tomorrow. It gets weirder by the moment. Why won't Swansea just take my money & cut out the middle man?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]I've just had an e-mail from Swansea saying that if I can persuade the Charlton ticket office to take my money, then Charlton can arrange for me to pick up the ticket at the ground tomorrow. It gets weirder by the moment. Why won't Swansea just take my money & cut out the middle man?

that is just ridiculous. You could understand it if Charlton had to hand back the tickets and money taken so that it all agrees but now you are paying Charlton for a ticket they no longer have whilst Swansea have a ticket that Charlton have the money for. Bizarre.
  • Options
    OK, well they've finally broken my spirit. I just can't be bothered any more. Why do they have to make it so difficult for a supporter like me to make a last minute decision to actually go to an away game. I thoroughly enjoyed Barnsley last week; just turned up & paid at the turnstile. You would have thought that in times of falling attendances, clubs would be going out of their way to encourage people to go to games. It's not like we have any history with Swansea is it? Swansea obviously don't want my money, so stuff 'em!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]So, I've now decided I want to go tomorrow but all the tickets have been sent back to Wales & they are not selling away tickets on the day. Does anybody have any suggestions? What are the risks in turning up & buying a ticket for a home area?[/quote]

That was my first thought too when i heard today's news, shame
  • Options
    Maybe we were so close to selling out our 3,500 allocation they couldnt risk opening the turnstiles on the day
  • Options
    I have just sent a grovelly email to Customer Services, cannot believe the club cannot sort this out
    K
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Maybe we were so close to selling out our 350 allocation they couldnt risk opening the turnstiles on the day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]what would happen to an away fan who had 'accidentally' bought a ticket in a home stand?

you need to blend in

* Speak like a retard
    * Have a sheep attached to your cock
    * Try not to cheer when Dickson scores his hat trick goal

But in fairness - attending Charlton in the home end is not always that bad - I did it at Colchester last season and survived

Good luck if you make the trek!
  • Options
    Colchester's old ground i think you could just climb in anyway.