Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans playing for the first team

2»

Comments

• Options
    Paul Bacon was a fan as I recall.

And Robert Lee used to be a turnstile at the Valley
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn?
  • Options
    The ex Sheffield United keeper Simon Tracey is a fan.
  • Options
    Although he never played for us - wasn't Simon Treacy (goalkeeper for Sheff U etc) a fan?
  • Options
    That should teach me to read to the end of a thread...

I think Simon Tracey was on our books as a youngster but was considered too short to be a good keeper.
  • Options
    Am pretty certain that Ruben Agboola was a fan - and I used to go to away games with talal el karkouri back in the day. He loved a booze that lad.
  • Options
    Salako is a top bloke very intelligent and a good pundit he talks a lot of sense. Also he was not bad when we had him he was great in the 3 all at the valley against man utd and who can forget him saving us against the daggers. Didn't know he was a fan
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]What about Basey?

Basey's an Arsenal fan apparently - someone I know went to school with him. Also, he's been spotted in the pub in Chislehurst with Andy Gray & Nicky Weaver so he keeps good company...
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Is that why Basey can't get in the team at the moment .... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Salako is a top bloke very intelligent and a good pundit he talks a lot of sense. Also he was not bad when we had him he was great in the 3 all at the valley against man utd and who can forget him saving us against the daggers. Didn't know he was a fan

I've mentioned previously that I played cricket with him before he signed for Palace, maybe it's me, but in those days I'd swear he was a Palace fan, or maybe he was because he was on their books and training with them as a schoolboy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe he became a Charlton fan when he signed for us.

And a Reading fan when he joined them......?

;o)
  • Options
    salako properly gave it to palace fans when he scored for us at the valley against palace , i think it was at the start of our winning streak in our triumphant 1999-2000 season (managed by curbishley)
  • Options
    Weren't the Who managed by Curbishley, OoohAaaaargh ...... ?

;o)