Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STAG DO

edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
So where would you recommend for a stag do in June for a few 30 (plus) year old herbets?

Currently considering Frankfurt, Lisbon and Berlin. Any thoughts/suggestions (other than Magaluf, Prague, Hamburg etc)?

Looking at £200 tops for a Friday to Sunday jaunt.

Obviously am awaiting Algarve Addick's suggestion - Flights to Faro not good times I'm afraid!

Answers on a postcard to Off It.

Comments

• Options
    Berlin is very nice - quite picturesque - very reasonable hotels, tubes, trains and Easyjet to Schloenberg is the only time I've ever taken off early and landed early on Easyjet - BOTH ways!

Not sure about the nightlife as went on a whistlestop business trip a couple of weeks ago - but I am sure there must be some nightlife....
  • Options
    PRAGUE

Great nightlife relatively cheap for a major city , compact , generally friendly.
  • Options
    Got to organise mine for next year, thinking of doing Tenerife for a long weekend, if I stay in this country it will be Whitley Bay.
  • Options
    If anyone wants t-shirts etc done I can help out here.
  • Options
    Berlin was Ok decent nightlife but it was winter so did not see much.

Frankfurt went for the world cup thought it was excellent nice array of bars along the river, god knows about the nightlife cant remember
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Berlin was Ok decent nightlife but it was winter so did not see much.

Frankfurt went for the world cup thought it was excellent nice array of bars along the river, god knows about the nightlife cant remember

Now very very expensive....unfortunately even more so for us Brits!
  • Options
    Having recently seen "In Bruges", Bruges does look quite nice, and it's only £59 return on Eurostar, plus you can be there from Ebbsfleet in under 2 hours no problem (just over an hour to Brussels, then you have to change and I've no idea how long you would have to wait between trains or how long it takes to get from Brussels to Bruges, but it's not far). Lastly, Belgium beer is quality.
  • Options
    went to Lisbon for a stag last year. was excellent
  • Options
    Barcelona is awesome for a stag, the Nou Camp and beer (plus the numerous dodgey clubs)
  • Options
    Yeah I would go for Lisbon mate , went Berlin and did n't think it was all that for nightlife . Or maybe Madrid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Having recently seen "In Bruges", Bruges does look quite nice, and it's only £59 return on Eurostar, plus you can be there from Ebbsfleet in under 2 hours no problem (just over an hour to Brussels, then you have to change and I've no idea how long you would have to wait between trains or how long it takes to get from Brussels to Bruges, but it's not far). Lastly, Belgium beer is quality.

Been to Bruges with the Mrs, not sure it's a stag do type place to be honest. We did a day trip up there from Brussels. Trains were pretty frequent and took about an hour I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Having recently seen "In Bruges", Bruges does look quite nice, and it's only £59 return on Eurostar, plus you can be there from Ebbsfleet in under 2 hours no problem (just over an hour to Brussels, then you have to change and I've no idea how long you would have to wait between trains or how long it takes to get from Brussels to Bruges, but it's not far). Lastly, Belgium beer is quality.

Been to Bruges with the Mrs, not sure it's a stag do type place to be honest. We did a day trip up there from Brussels. Trains were pretty frequent and took about an hour I think.

Good quirky film though
  • Options
    Bray in Ireland.... FACT.. thats where i will be going when when we set a date.
  • Options
    Munich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]PRAGUE

Great nightlife relatively cheap for a major city , compact , generally friendly.

He'd be lucky to do 3 days/nights in Prague for £200 tops. I didn't find Prague that cheap at all. Depends how out of town you go though i guess.
  • Options
    Newcastle or Manchester are good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Newcastle

Bigg Market...

bingersDM0101_468x619.jpg
  • Options
    Jesus, Amy Winehouse has really let herself go recently
  • Options
    Go to Albufeira, and wreck havoc around Algarve Addick's bar,Floyds
  • Options
    butlins bognor adult weekends ... great banter and value and no aggro going in the clubs .... but if your seedy go to amsterdam
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oh yeah, munich is cheaper if you fly to Friedrichshaven and then get a train up to munich.
  • Options
    Another thought is Kilkenny in Ireland, lots of pubs, etc. and if you time it right you could catch the Kilkenny comedy festival.

http://www.thecatlaughs.com/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Boom[/cite]So where would you recommend for a stag do in June for a few 30 (plus) year old herbets?

Currently considering Frankfurt, Lisbon and Berlin. Any thoughts/suggestions (other than Magaluf, Prague, Hamburg etc)?

Looking at £200 tops for a Friday to Sunday jaunt.

Obviously am awaiting Algarve Addick's suggestion - Flights to Faro not good times I'm afraid!

Answers on a postcard to Off It.

Why don't you come to... DOH! beat me to it...

Not good times? Mmmmm, Check skyscanners - Lots of flights.

Example - Fri 12th June 8.00AM depart Gatwick, Sunday 14th June 8.55PM depart Faro, for six people £675.

Come on, you know you want to...
  • Options
    Why don't you come to... DOH! beat me to it...

Example - Fri 12th June 8.00AM depart Gatwick, Sunday 14th June 8.55PM depart Faro, for six people £675.

Lifer discount on Super Bock / Sagres?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Boom[/cite]Why don't you come to... DOH! beat me to it...

Lifer discount on Super Bock / Sagres?

You bet! We will look after you, no problem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]oh yeah, munich is cheaper if you fly to Friedrichshaven and then get a train up to munich.

That will take around three hours - you'd probably need to change trains at Ulm.

You could fly direct to Munich (Air Berlin/Ryan Air etc) or fly to Salzburg or Innsbruck.
  • Options
    Madrid or Barca. Enough fun and friv for anyone..... If you go to Madrid let me know and i can plan an itenary - de acuerdo ?
  • Options
    How much is a pint in your bar Algarve? (and what would be the "friend" price if we came along and brought with us 15-20 thirsty fellas?)
  • Options
    €2.50 for a pint of San Miguel. I am sure we can "come to some arrangement" regarding your particular party...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]€2.50 for a pint of San Miguel. I am sure we can "come to some arrangement" regarding your particular party...

Your tempting mate for mine next June, especially if we can arrange special mates & cafc rates for a large party (obviously going to be noticeable for the beer bellys, and ridiculously named t-shirts and nicknames and old skool swagger)