Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: CafcSteve[/cite]The Sun says that Milwall are after Charlie Austin for 500k. Leeds are after Billy Paynter on a free transfer as well.
    Swindon could struggle to replace them both!

I had heard we were keen on Paynter at one point seeing as he was on a free.

Austin is worth more than £500k imo - all depends if he can cut it in the difficult second season
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I hope dear old Paddy doesnt get into trouble for being so loose lipped in a local barber.

TBF it wasn't Paddy who put it up on the internet.

I thought what you said to your barber was like what you said to your lawyer or priest.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I hope dear old Paddy doesnt get into trouble for being so loose lipped in a local barber.

TBF it wasn't Paddy who put it up on the internet.

I thought what you said to your barber was like what you said to your lawyer or priest.

so did i, Adam dont go there again loose lips sink ships
  • Were you dressed as a fake sheikh at the time? :)
  • [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Were you dressed as a fake sheikh at the time? :)

Definitely. He even said to the barber in a thick Arab accent, "Can I have Zabeel, please?"
  • Boom boom!
  • Couple of players who we're being linked with:

Freddy Adu (LOL) - Benfica
    Brian Stock - Doncaster
    Chris Lines - Bristol Rovers
    Inigo Calderon - Brighton
    Michael Bostwick - Stevenage
    Marcus Pederesen - Some Norway U21 internation. Striker I think.
  • Big Chris joins Burnley on a 2 year deal from Wolves.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Couple of players who we're being linked with:

Every single striker in the Championship and League One.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Couple of players who we're being linked with:

Every single striker in the Championship and League One.

Fail, only striker we've been linked with is that Pederesen from Norway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah, but Mr Saints Fan ........ don't you know who your manager is?

We do.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Ah, but Mr Saints Fan ........ don't you know who your manager is?

We do.

;o)
    We need strikers anyway, we've only got two. But I doubt Pardew will make the same mistake twice, he only signed 3 strikers last season.
  • We've still got a couple of Mr Pardew's striker signings on the books.

Seeing how highly Pardew rated them, and indeed considering how much he paid for them - I'm surprised he hasn't been back to make an offer for Stuart Fleetwood and Izale McLeod.

And Chris Dickson is also available on a free. Bargain.
    Cheap too, seeing how desperate he probably is for a club.

PS: Looking for a quality fullback who's very good at getting forward, although defensively lacking? France U-21 captain, available on a free if you're happy to pick up his £8k a week contract ......

One of Pardew's quality signings, surely he'll be snapping him up during the summer?
  • Just got off the phone max clifford you can read the rest of my damming expose exclusivly in the news of the world on Sunday, I did go in disguise I was holding a microphone and a clipboard called my self mr L...

;-)
  • Not much on Football Rumours today apart from the ridiculous idea we were signing Becchio from Leeds for £300k and this gem

01 Jun 2010 12:34:26
    Cash strapped Plymouth are chasing out of contract Charlton duo Matthew Spring and Chris Dickson.
  • Anyone else hearing the Nick Bailey for Millwall rumours?
  • [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]Anyone else hearing the Nick Bailey for Millwall rumours?

That would start the conspiracy theories...!
  • Isnt it about time we used some of our links with the different clubs? Im sure i read that we had some young ivory coast lads on the books somewhere. Where are they? im sure we had a deal with ASEC Mimosas from the Ivory coast. One of thier players made the world cup squad. Can we not take advantage of things like that now we are in need of loans and cheap, nominal fee bargains.

I know we shouldnt base our knowledge on Football Manager but thier details are usually correct and we have a deal with a french side, ANGERS, and a danish side...can we not take thier best lads on loan or something
  • The ASEC deal is now finished. They sold Gohi Bi Celeriac (something like that) to Standard Liege without consulting us.

We also had ridiculous issues with getting work permits - so much so that Waggott and co were to the embassy and tried all sorts of workarounds to get them work permits (even saying they were coming over as students if we enrolled them on a college course) but they were having none of it.

We have a chap at Angers (Bakary Soro I think) who IS registered to us but they (the board) doubt if he'll ever get a work permit
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Isnt it about time we used some of our links with the different clubs? Im sure i read that we had some young ivory coast lads on the books somewhere. Where are they? im sure we had a deal with ASEC Mimosas from the Ivory coast. One of thier players made the world cup squad. Can we not take advantage of things like that now we are in need of loans and cheap, nominal fee bargains.

I know we shouldnt base our knowledge on Football Manager but thier details are usually correct and we have a deal with a french side, ANGERS, and a danish side...can we not take thier best lads on loan or something

We took Martin Christensen from the Danish side - I don't think we'll forgive them in a hurry!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Isnt it about time we used some of our links with the different clubs? Im sure i read that we had some young ivory coast lads on the books somewhere. Where are they? im sure we had a deal with ASEC Mimosas from the Ivory coast. One of thier players made the world cup squad. Can we not take advantage of things like that now we are in need of loans and cheap, nominal fee bargains.

Work permit issues.
    Would they want to come back.
    Would they be good enough.

Plus the best lads from these Danish sides could be no better than Martin Christensen.

Nothing will come of these links. I think the Liverpool one is more likely than any of the clubs from abroad.
  • [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]Anyone else hearing the Nick Bailey for Millwall rumours?

Yes very loud and clearly
  • [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]Couple of players who we're being linked with:

Freddy Adu (LOL) - Benfica
    That is ridiculous...
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]Anyone else hearing the Nick Bailey for Millwall rumours?

I have :/
    Probably just Scumwall fans on a windup though
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I know we shouldnt base our knowledge on Football Manager but thier details are usually correct and we have a deal with a french side, ANGERS, and a danish side...can we not take thier best lads on loan or something
    The deals were all left in FM because nothing was confirmed. The deals did exist but they probably haven't for a while.

Charlton rarely mention these deals any more, I'd assume they've all ended. None of the link ups with foreign clubs will be in FM 2011 unless there is any news on them still existing.

Probably costs time and money we don't have to manage these deals. We can't take risks on foreign prospects either, done so often in the recent past and they've all failed (anyone remember Jani Tanska, Rurik Gislason, Szabolcs Kemenes?)

We need players settled over here. I'd rather Parky go for a solid older player that has Football League experience (not necessarily English, like Llera), than a foreign youngster that might be good given time.
  • Elliott Omozusi has signed a 1 year deal with Orient, option for a second year.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Elliott Omozusi has signed a 1 year deal with Orient, option for a second year.

pleased for him. Think he'll do well there.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Elliott Omozusi has signed a 1 year deal with Orient, option for a second year.

pleased for him. Think he'll do well there.
    Agree. Right level for him at the moment, be interesting to see how he does. Only 20/21, remember how much Luke Young improved as a right back in a few a seasons. Regular football will be good for him.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Elliott Omozusi has signed a 1 year deal with Orient, option for a second year.

In that case I'd expect Richardson to be staying.

Think Omozusi will be a very good signing for them.....now we just need to nab Mkandawire and I'll be a happy chappy
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Elliott Omozusi has signed a 1 year deal with Orient, option for a second year.

In that case I'd expect Richardson to be staying.

Think Omozusi will be a very good signing for them.....now we just need to nab Mkandawire and I'll be a happy chappy

I would love Mkandawire to sign but from this article, Russell Slade reckons he'll be playing in the Championship next season.

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/8195288.ORIENT__Tam_exit_certain__says_boss_Slade/
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite] We have a chap at Angers (Bakary Soro I think) who IS registered to us but they (the board) doubt if he'll ever get a work permit

Bakary Soro plays for Arles Avignon, who just won promotion to the French first division, amazingly their 4th promotion in 5 years.

Just read that Huddersfield have signed Joey Gudjohnsen from Burnley on a free.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!