Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons/Spurs

Had an interseting conversation yesterday with a Leicester City fan, he was telling me about the game on Sat against the MK Dons and the fact they scored in the 97th min etc, then I commented about how good the Dons stadium looks and the fact that I assume if they come up they will install the extra seats in the top teirs (for those of you that don't know the top teir at the Dons stadium has all the concrete steps in place but no seats bolted to it)

He then went on to say that he was chatting to a few Dons fans at the game (cos he was sitting in the home seats) and they told him that a strong rumour is going round up there that Tottenham are close to doing a deal with the Dons to ground share for 2 years whilst Spurs sort out their stadium plans, apparently if it goes ahead the deal involves Spurs paying for the installation of the new seats as an off set against rent money thus taking the stadium capacity up to 35,000.

Don't think I would be too chuffed going to MK every week if I was a London based Spurs fan, but I suppose if you are North London upwards MK might not be that far and probably less traffic congestion.

Any of you heard this or have any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    It's a know rumour, and the Spurs fans I know will jack in there season tickets for the time they are at Franchise
  • Options
    Not heard of that but as you say if you're just north of london then the time it takes getting there won't be too much different. Avoiding the seven sisters road would probably be a blessing for them.
  • Options
    Mk dons would be mad to agree to that!!

i doubt many of their fans are hardcore supporters and most up ther would rather fancy paying to go and watch a Premiership game than the fake franchise scum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Mk dons would be mad to agree to that!!

i doubt many of their fans are hardcore supporters and most up ther would rather fancy paying to go and watch a Premiership game than the fake franchise scum.

Might end up with a choice of two Championship teams next season!
  • Options
    Surely Spurs would rent Wembley?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Surely Spurs would rent Wembley?

to big and im sure the FA would not allow this as a home game may clash with an 'event' and they would loose how ever millions they make, plus with the playoff final cockup they wont be open for offers,
  • Options
    Let them go to the Emirates...
  • Options
    if Milan can do it..
  • Options
    Been a well banded "rumour" for some time but the club have addressed the Spurs supporters on this already...

Can you imagine Daniel Levy giving up much needed gate receipts???

If you are interested, check out: WHL - The Future
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]If you are interested, check out:WHL - The Future
    I must say that it is very impressive how they have worked it so that you always have the same, if not more capacity throughout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most ridiculous rumour I've ever heard, of cause it's not true. The new seats and insulation would be roughly £700,000 and the spurs fans would object. Then there's the MK Dons fans followers who will stop going and watch Spurs instead. Lose, lose situation for both sides.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]If you are interested, check out:WHL - The Future
    I must say that it is very impressive how they have worked it so that you always have the same, if not more capacity throughout.

They're gonna have a Sainsbury's behind one goal, just like our not so illustrious non-rivals from Croydon.

;o)