Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Earthquake

JTJT
edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
Just had another Earthquake down here in South East Kent. 2 in as many years.

That is all.

Comments

• Options
    or was it the real charlton starting to rise ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: L Block JT[/cite]Just had another Earthquake down here in South East Kent. 2 in as many years.

That is all.

You sound a bit shaken ......
  • Options
    he'll be quaking in his boots now!!
  • Options
    Did the earth move for you?
  • Options
    I thought it was the England shirt thread being sunk personally.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited March 2009
    http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/recent_events/20090223005804.6.html

That could actually be very true if you look at this map.

I blame AFKA and Lookie in their U-Boat
  • Options
    True - something happening around that time:

ELSH_SHZ_GB_00.2009030300.gif
  • Options
    That was at Sparrows Lane ..... Parkinsella rousing the team.
  • Options
    The true epicentre was Upton Park - Scott Parker dropped his wallet apparently
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was Moots slamming the door behind him after being told he wasn't in the side tonight.
  • Options
    Pardew ona lie detector answered YES to the question " when at Charlton did u actually give a f**k about anything other than your ego ?"
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7921643.stm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Pardew ona lie detector

did you sign players purely on youtube footage:

Polygraph_EC_051508.jpg

"No"

nuclear-explosion.jpg
  • Options
    I have a funny story relating to when the first earthquake hit Kent, it was on the same day as "Operation Ewood", I was sitting in the departure lounge at liverpool airport waiting to board the flight home when the Charlton Directors and their wives etc walked in, Derek Ufton spotted an empty seat next to us and came and sat down beside me.

He turned towards and said "What do you think about that performance then", to which I started to tell him exactly what I thought, we were having a bit of banter when his wife walked over to us and said "Derek, may I have a quick word with you" to which he replied "In a moment dear I am just discussing the match with this gentleman" Mrs Ufton then went on to say "But this is far more important than football, Kent has just been rocked by an earthquake and according to reports our house was in the centre of it"

Lol, Dereks face was a picture, I later discovered that they own a nice old house deep into Kent and obviously they were concerned, the news turned out good in the end, after a few phone calls neighbours and relatives assured them both the house was still standing.
  • Options
    What was the funny story then?

;o)
  • Options
    Any damage L Block? Haven't seen anything on the news. I've got family in Folkestone, Sis lost her chimney last time it happened.
  • Options
    Pikeys mate-----------down there its them Pikeys who had her chimney.
  • Options
    Yeah & your cherry too you're that obsessed GH. Give it a rest...
  • Options
    About as much Damage as an Ambrose tackle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe it was my sister falling out of bed? She's a big woman!