Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

IF Pardew was approached by Charlton...

WSSWSS
edited December 2006 in General Charlton
...he would have a massive decision to make.

Does he take on the challenge, keep us up and become a legend and miracle worker like say Jewell or

We go down with a wimper, he reputation in tatters and he falls down the leagues like Paul Sturrock.

Would be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    you seriously think we'd have a 3rd manager in the same season....we're a laughing stock enough as it is !
  • Options
    Not going to happen. reckon he'll come in at the end of the season if he's still out of a job though and we go down. Still we need to give Les a chance. Saturday was tragic, but theres no need to turn on him and force him out yet.
  • Options
    I really want to believe in Les Reed, but more and more I can't see it happening, and it might be in everyones, including Les best interest to get Pards in now
  • Options
    how long would you give Pardew though if he came in?? I don't think he's the answer, but he is a Charlton man.
  • Options
    Pards? Two or three seasons, if we did go down, he's got the experience of getting a side that needed rebuilding out of that league
  • Options
    Les wasn't the right man at the start of the season and he isn't the right man now. I reckon he'd be happy to step aside for Pards and go back to coaching. I still reckon he was appointed as a stop-gap and the fact he hasn't signed a contract yet seems to back that up. Whether we can appoint Pards and keep Reed,Robson and Kins is debatable but at least they are all Charlton people and in Kins and Robbo we have future managers. Maybe Reed would jump at the chance to his previous consultancy role, who knows.
  • Options
    Why Does our Coach/Manager have to be a Charlton Man? Curbs seems to have been a villa or west ham man more than a Charlton one. In fact, What is a Charlton Man! Its the same argument as The England Managers Job, " he has to be English" no he doesn't, all the English managers are shit!

Bring in a foreigner to the Valley, we have nothing to lose!
  • Options
    Large, i was posting along the very same line, except it crashed.

Look at it this way- Your name is Richard Murray, you realise you've made a mistake in your appointment of Dowie, but no-one you fancy to take over is available- what do you do- Les Reed, (he's a proven coach and he's here and you know him very well) as a stop gap is the obvious solution, you aren't going to make this public as it undermines Les. Then when who you want comes along you move-

Questions are- does he "fancy" Pardew? does Pardew "fancy" us?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]Large, i was posting along the very same line, except it crashed.

Look at it this way- Your name is Richard Murray, you realise you've made a mistake in your appointment of Dowie, but no-one you fancy to take over is available- what do you do- Les Reed, (he's a proven coach and he's here and you know him very well) as a stop gap is the obvious solution, you aren't going to make this public as it undermines Les. Then when who you want comes along you move-

Questions are- does he "fancy" Pardew? does Pardew "fancy" us?

He'll fancy Pardew. FACT.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    That's all well and good but surely Murray would have installed Reed in a caretaker capacity to minimise future embarrassment when he has to stand him down. Plenty of caretaker managers have been in post for months whilst the Board decide their next move. I think Reed is here to stay for a little while yet..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unless they wanted to stop all the constant speculation there'd be for months as to whom the next manager would be. Plus it would have an effect on the players if they thought he was only a stop gap. My best guess is that he is, the man we wanted wasn't available either in the summer or when Dowie went but he is now.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    They'll spin it so that Les offered to make way for Pardew, what a great chap etc.

If of course Pardew want's it.

(Spot on Large!)
  • Options
    Can you imagine when we play westham at the valley later in the season, they have curbs in charge, and we have pards! It will wierd as the respective fans will give their opposing managers a great ovation!

Oh and how i will larf at konch if curbs do go there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]Oh and how i will larf at konch if curbs do go there!

Who knows - we may even off-load Luke Young in the summer and appoint a real captain.
  • Options
    That would be good... get rid of Young and get someone with some balls in who can drag us out!!!!!!!
  • Options
    04-

The Konch episode is a weird one- He's an immense player who, lets be honest, we'd love to have in the side here- and possible captain material as well. Curbs screwed up with him- and i wonder if he is big enough to let bygones be.
  • Options
    I always thought Konch was good enough to replace the Parker role, he just didnt want to because he thought he was England material at LB
  • Options
    And i believe he's pretty close to it! Saw the FA Cup final- he was superb, and able to rise to the occaision!
  • Options
    Not with Ashley Cole in there... did you see his performance against Ronanldo......
  • Options
    did konch throw his toys out and was shipped off to spurs or did i dream that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair point Mascot88,- but his regular stand-in?
  • Options
    Sure..... hes always looked good and gets forward........
  • Options
    konch is gash, always is always was! a handful of good games, and how he thinks he is anywhere england side is laughable! what a wolley he really is.

Curbs will never be like that, never able to forgive and forget.
  • Options
    Thats quite strong 04 .... I thought he was good and at least he gave a S*** also a couple of seasons back when he played the holding role I though he was quite good as well... just another fall out situation like all the rest.... cross curbs and your finished...
  • Options
    Hell probably axe him just to show the rest whos boss!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Thats quite strong 04 .... I thought he was good and at least he gave a S*** also a couple of seasons back when he played the holding role I though he was quite good as well... just another fall out situation like all the rest.... cross curbs and your finished...

It is strong indeed mascott dude. The reasoning behind this, is because of the above point, if ya get what i mean. He was excellent in holding mid, but kept on moaning 'i am the best LB there is blah blah fecking blah boo boo fecking hoo'! We already had 2 decent LB's to choose from, HH and Powell. He didnt need to go on like that. As soon as westham came calling he was off.

Plus last season at wh away, i barracked him from the away end, and he gave me a w@nker sign behind his back! What a prize mug. Was funny tho! He tried to say the chicken run stuck up for him in some interview he did, but i never heard that, and i was right next to em!
  • Options
    according to Whammers at work Konch is currently playing like a prize prat and couldn't pick out a claret shirt if it was standing next to him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]according to Whammers at work Konch is currently playing like a prize prat and couldn't pick out a claret shirt if it was standing next to him.

Correct.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]according to Whammers at work Konch is currently playing like a prize prat and couldn't pick out a claret shirt if it was standing next to him.

Unless they were playing Villa away
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    He'd probably play a blinder then mate!!