Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Decorating help needed!

BDLBDL
edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
Need some help/advice. Are there any Painters and Decorators on this board?

Spent most of yesterday trying to scrape paper off my living room wall and I’m buggered if I’m going to spend all my spare time trying to get it cleared. We've got to get the room finished by the end of the month.

I need to get someone in to scrape off the remaining paper on one wall, fill in cracks, rub down and put up lining paper so we can paint over it. The room is approx 24 foot long and 14 foot wide.

Any idea how long it will take and how much it should cost?

Finally, can anyone recommend a decent P&D in the north Kent area?

Cheers.

Comments

• the guy on the right will do u a deal if u mention charlton..

0809220004163.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]the guy on the right will do u a deal if u mention charlton..

0809220004163.jpg

Tried him - Out of business, apparently it all went in a flash.....

I'll get me coat
  • edited March 2009
    I know a guy who is a pretty useful plasterer and he did me a wicked deal on plastering.

Based in Essex (Romford area I think) but he came out to me up near Colchester over easter weekend a couple of years ago and worked bloody hard.

I'll PM you his details - it can't hurt to give him a buzz and ask him.

Dunno if he can do the whole package but he came and cleared our walls of their hideous artexing, smoothed everything up and then did a great plastering job. All in 2 days in a hallway thats 20ft long.
  • Buy/rent a steamer dave, you'll have it done in a couple of hours.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Buy/rent a steamer dave, you'll have it done in a couple of hours.
    Agreed.
    You can buy small steamers from the likes of Wickes & B&Q, but hire an industrial-sized one - they definitely do the job!
  • Bloody hell, that's why I love this board.

Thanks to everyone for the whispers and PM's.

Got some good contacts so I'll do some ringing around tomorrow.

Thanks again.
  • if you need a painter decorater my father in law is one including doing small fills and making good