Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seymour Pierce seeks £7m in fees for Kuwaitis’ Liverpool take over attempt

Our old brokers taking out a writ. I prefer Rothchilds. Old money, don't you know.

From the Indy

Seymour Pierce seeks £7m in fees for Kuwaitis’ Liverpool take over attempt

By Simon Evans

Sunday, 8 March 2009

Seymour Pierce, the city brokerage run by football financier Keith Harris, could try to claim up to £7m from the Al Khorafi family, should the Kuwaiti group succeed in buying Liverpool Football Club.

The brokerage has filed a writ against the family at the London High Court, alleging that Rafed Khorafi failed to pay Mr Harris introduction fees to meet Liverpool's owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Filed on 25 February, the writ demands more than £300,000 in unpaid advisory fees. Advised by City lawyers Rosenblatt, Seymour Pierce could demand up to £7m in a success fee from Mr Khorafi, should he take over the Premiership football club.

The writ claims that Mr Khorafi has already admitted "liability of the initial fee" of £100,000 and additional disbursements worth £19,000.

An adviser to Mr Khorafi was unavailable for comment.

Comments

• Options
    That's 150 Deon Burtons!
  • Options
    Well, I spose that Keith Harris fella has got to do something these days - the duck is so old hat.
  • Options
    It's hilarious what these corporate charlatans will charge for these "services."

I mean, seriously, if the Kuwaitis want to buy the bloody club then all they have to do is to read the papers to know it is for sale!

Secondly, why would you pay 7 million for an "introduction"? Why not get out the Yellow Pages, go to the L section and phone the club and ask to be put through to the CEO's office?

The greed is simply disgusting.