Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SE London Sunday League Sides

I live in Lewisham just off Blackheath, I really want to get back into playing 11-a-side football (i still play 5 and 6 a side but havent played 11 a side for a couple of years) but obviously its tricky as most teams play on Sat when I'm watching Charlton. Does anyone know of / play for any teams who play in a Sunday League and who might be interested in a new player and play/train somewhere near to me, I don't have a car so ideally want to be somewhere where I can bus/train it quickly from Lewisham.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]I live in Lewisham just off Blackheath, I really want to get back into playing 11-a-side football (i still play 5 and 6 a side but havent played 11 a side for a couple of years) but obviously its tricky as most teams play on Sat when I'm watching Charlton. Does anyone know of / play for any teams who play in a Sunday League and who might be interested in a new player and play/train somewhere near to me, I don't have a car so ideally want to be somewhere where I can bus/train it quickly from Lewisham.
    The best league in SE London is the Brom & Orp league... try www.obdsfl.com. Ref's in all games, even linos in top two divisions.
  • Options
    I agree with Ballbuster, have played in that league for 10 years and it is run fantastically. Depending on what div you went to there is generally a team for all standards. If you want any advice then send me a whisper.
  • Options
    why dont you whisper AFKA or Glasshalfempty?

AFKA runs his own sunday side and Glass still plays for my old old side.
  • Options
    mate, my team has just 2 games left this season.

If in the summer you are still looking for a team, give me a shout. We have a nice set up based in Sidcup / Chiselhurst, and have a few players that jump on the train from london bridge, hither green, new cross.
  • Options
    Cheers chaps, will bear those options in mind. I doubt I will find anybody now given that, as you say, the seasons nearly over. So will assess options in the summer and yeh might be interested in something over at Sidcup, not too far on the train. What league do your lot play in AFKA?
  • Options
    Kent Suburban League, home ground Beaverwood Sports
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Kent Suburban League, home ground Beaverwood Sports

Thats nice and local to me, I might wander over pre season with me boots. Lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Kent Suburban League, home ground Beaverwood Sports

Thats nice and local to me, I might wander over pre season with me boots. Lol

Decent sports ground, got my wedding reception booked there for next year.
  • Options
    We still have quite a few games left this season, what position do you play Paul?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anywhere in midfield or up front, although I doubt I'd be able to play central midfield at the minute given that I haven't played 11-aside since last season so probably wouldnt have the stamina! Last season I played 11-a-side mainly up front or sometimes on the wing - it wasnt a great quality though, quite a few overweight 30+ full backs! I did manage to score pretty much every game though, normally the 1 in a 5-1 defeat - my lot were pretty poor too. That was in Division 3 of the West Kent Sunday League if youve heard of that. What league are your lot in and where do you play/train?

By the way, my names not actually paul, paulsturgess was an extremely unmemorable left back who came through our youth team in the mid 90s about the same time as jamie stuart! Dont know why I selected him as my username.
  • Options
    Incidentally no offence meant if you yourself happen to be an overweight 30+ full back...!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]Incidentally no offence meant if you yourself happen to be an overweight 30+ full back...!

None taken.
  • Options
    Thought I would do an operation pig special and pipe up when things are going well.

On form at the minute. Scored 13 in my last 7 games, netting my second hat trick of the season yesterday.

Into the semi finals of 1 cup and round 4 of another.

Up the welling allstars
  • Options
    Haha you beat us to get to that Semi! Good luck against Orpington.

Luckily we're sitting second in the league....and had beaten you twice in the league ;-)

Really hope you make the final though mate!!
  • Options
    Weeeeeeeeyyyy. My first hat trick of the season was against you. Are you the keeper for loughborough. Think you was wearing a charlton keeper kit.

Never stopping the 1st ;D but the other two were tap ins.
  • Options
    Yeah mate I was in goal, that was a poor game for us but so glad it was the cup. I saved a Pen against one of your lads in the 2nd league game.

Orpington are a bastard team, so well drilled!!!!!!!! They'll storm our league.
  • Options
    I was on holiday that game where we lost 1-0 but the fella that missed it is on here. Wont mention any names :)

We only lost 2-0 to Orpington in the league so if we carry the run we're on hopefully we can beat them. Someone told me they train 4x a week which is way ott for sunday league.
  • Options
    Yeah they train hard, and their Manager has coached at Semi-Pro level his whole career. Their ground is terrible though, slanted and very small.

We struggled with them as they put everything in the air, all long throws etc. Bastards
  • Options
    Yea that ground is shocking. Takes 10 mins to grt the ball back for a throw.

You're doing well this season. I notice how you have the leagues top scorer but only on 8. Im gutted 10 of my 13 have been in the cup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the goals is bigger than the other due to a dip too! They'll shoot towards that second half LOL

Yeah our top scorer is class, bangs in some awkward goals.....but one on one with the keeper it's never going in. Bit like Paolo Wanchope!
  • Options
    10 goals in the cup!? AMAZING
  • Options
    Just realised ive got 14 but 1 has been taken away because a team has dropped out of the league.

Caribe at home this week so hopefully I can increase my league goals tally
  • Options
    They are our bogey team, in 2 seasons we've not beat then. Clean sheet last time out though so not all bad.
  • Options

Just realised ive got 14 but 1 has been taken away because a team has dropped out of the league.

Caribe at home this week so hopefully I can increase my league goals tally

If thier manager is Lino mate expect a frustrating time. Flags for EVERYTHING. Best way to make sure you don't get caught is to get your Usain Bolt running shoes on and start your runs from your half.
  • Options
    Home game got called off last week but beat them 2-0 away today. I got both of them.

Should have had another hat trick but didnt take my other chances. Hit the beans on toast in the last 5 mins. 15 in my last 8 aint too bad though.

Who do you play for fiiiish
  • Options
    He plays in the same side as me, he's the CB.

We had another game called off yesterday, starting to piss me right off.

15 in 8? Sign up for us!!!!!! lol
  • Options
    Ahh I think I know who you mean.

Pees me right off too. Luckily got called off last week though as I slept in.

Are you still 2nd in the league
  • Options
    Yeah still second some how! I really hope we get a game this Sunday, even though will be proper rusty. We've got Oak Royal!