Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gran Torino

Anyone else seen this???

Every review I have seen and comments have made this into a 'Masterpiece'

I thought it was the biggest pile of crap i have seen in a long while, shortly behind 'Bangock Dangerous' with Nicolas Cage (That is honestly the worst film I have ever seen)

Am I alone in my thoughts on this 'Modern Day Classic'?

Comments

• Options
    Not seen Cheaper by the Dozen or Blair Witch Project then CPL?

I quite fancied Grand Torino, not so sure now I read your comments, would be interested to see what others have to say.
  • Options
    I enjoyed Gran Torino what exactly was it that you so despised about it?

The same goes for Bangkok Dangerous ************SPOILER ALERT************* I mean how many American "Hero's" Die at the end of the Movie bu shooting themselves in the head an dthe bullet carries through to the enemies head.
  • Options
    WOULDN'T SAY IT'S A MASTERPIECE OR MODERN DAY CLASSIC BUT ENJOYABLE FILM NONETHELESS
  • Options
    I enjoyed it although I thought the ending was a little weak (I won't go into detail for those that have not seen it), being a grumpy old man who is pissed off with what is happening to my country, area I live in and my football club I warmed to his character, it could have been me!! :-)

To be honest Clint was so moody and misarable in the film he could have been mistaken for a Charlton supporter!
  • Options
    Definitely worth a watch, enjoyed it but thought it was let down by some poor acting in parts.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Definitely worth a watch, enjoyed it but thought it was let down by some poor acting in parts.[/quote]

Definatly agree with the acting thought it was well shabby

[quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Not seen Cheaper by the Dozen or Blair Witch Project then CPL?

I quite fancied Grand Torino, not so sure now I read your comments, would be interested to see what others have to say.[/quote]

Both great films
  • Options
    I've seen it and although predictable, nevertheless I enjoyed it and far from the worst film I've seen recently - "The Day The Earth Stood Still" springs to mind. Some good one liners in there I thought.

For those that haven't seen it think Dirty Harry retires and you won't go far wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Definitely worth a watch, enjoyed it but thought it was let down by some poor acting in parts.

Definatly agree with the acting thought it was well shabby

[cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Not seen Cheaper by the Dozen or Blair Witch Project then CPL?

I quite fancied Grand Torino, not so sure now I read your comments, would be interested to see what others have to say.

Both great films

Well I am no better off now than I was before, unless of course you are not pulling my leg, in which case Grand Torino is a must see... :-D