Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Horne and Corden

anyone else see it last night? personally would give it a 'very poor' fat gags and gay jokes.. would have been ok as inserts on comic relief but a whole series... jesus... had a few minor little chuckles but just dont get these two. Gavin and stacey yes but a sketch show and the film.. there just becoming the new simon pegg and nick frost albit nowhere near as funny as those guys. Corden is a cracking actor if anyone remebers Fat Freinds from ITV the character he played was amazing, and history boys too. Matt Horne, you got lucky by being cast by catherine tate, enjoy it whilst it lasts. 30 years man and i boy i was in light ents toughiest job in the world...

446horne_corden.jpg

Comments

• Options
    yep i thought it was crap and really embarassing to watch ... there was tumbleweed rolling across my front room... not funny at all ;-(
  • Options
    Didn't watch it but the review in this mornings Metro completely ruined them
  • Options
    rubbish. Watched up the super heroes in the changing room and switched off.

Deborah 13: Servant of God in the meantime was must see tv!
  • Options
    watching that on i player now curbs...
  • Options
    Deborah 13: Servant of God in the meantime was must see tv!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. Now that was funny!!!
  • Options
    Talk about brainwashed, her dad was buidling a cult!!

Have you ever told a white lie: yes, ever stolen: yes, ever blasphemed: er yes, ever coveted something: yes... we are all going to hell.

She has her own blog, funnily enough all the comments left on it are all in agreement of her.
  • Options
    Both were in the original series of Teachers as well a very underrated comedy by C4
  • Options
    Exactly what i expected...

A successful show in Gavin and Stacy and the BBC give them cart blanche to do what they want, when the real stars of G&S are Rob Bryden and Ruth Jones. Horne is an actor not a comedian while Corden is obviously a decent writer and character actor rather than a 'funny man' (see also Ricky Gervais). I imagine Ruth Jones is the only one that benefits out of this shambles, her value must be ticking over every time one of their cringe inducing sketches appears, or when their film absolutely bombs when it's released in a few weeks.

That said the 'Smiffy' taking over the England team on Comic Relief looks very amusing.
  • Options
    That is the one bit i really want to see of comic relief.. i saw a clip on JR friday night and looks bloody funny.
  • Options
    The two remind a bit of Lost series 2.
    You are a fan but then you watch in horror as they believe their own hype and disappear up their own @rses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adam.....boxing toughest job in the world according to Paul Whitehouse charecter
  • Options
    They both annoy me. And I find them both unfunny.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Adam.....boxing toughest job in the world according to Paul Whitehouse charecter

HEs one of our clients..not that i like to blow my own trumpet... if i could i wouldnt need the wife... Les Dawson RIP

PAul Whitehouse
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]The two remind a bit of Lost series 2.
    You are a fan but then you watch in horror as they believe their own hype and disappear up their own @rses.

A perfect description of the situation.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]The two remind a bit of Lost series 2.

A perfect description of the situation.

Spot on

The BBC should hang their heads in shame for giving these two any airtime at all.
  • Options
    And the studio audience that whooped and howled with laughter. Drugged, I presume.
  • Options
    yeah the missus saw a clip of the show on Jonathan ross (the burger van sketch) and she thought it looked funny - after taping the show and watching the whole thing myself, I have to say that on the whole I was disappointed with it. Not sure if I can be bothered to watch the next one.......
  • Options
    Poor stuff.
  • Options
    SPOILER alert for tomorrow nights comic relief. Worth watching just for the piss taking out of john terry's tears... hilarious i think. but each to their own.

smiffy meets the england squad
  • Options
    Watched it on 3 last night must say it was the worst thing i have seen on TV in years

I did not even break a smile at the gags

The first one at the burger stall WTF was that about
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are good comic actors, but this vehicle of sketch show does not work for them.
  • Options
    I thought Horne's character in the cock drawing sketch looked like a thin Simona. That made me smirk a bit. But that was it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]SPOILER alert for tomorrow nights comic relief. Worth watching just for the piss taking out of john terry's tears... hilarious i think. but each to their own.

smiffy meets the england squad

hahahaha quality !
  • Options
    Yes thanks shag, glad someone agreed. bloody funny.