Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

taking the total piss

have just seen that (finaly) a bank is going to start lending us our money ! its the RBS we the tax payers own it. £ 1.7 billion they are going to start lending to

. people looking for loans in Scotland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe then the Scots should bail out the f**kin thing as well ?

Comments

• Options
    You can take oor freedom (we'll take yir cash). Cheers!
  • Options
    Find myself agreeing with you cocker!

HBOS, Bradford & Bingley, RBS, Northern Effing Rock...spot the common thread running through. All of them based up north or over the border and had a business model which seems to have been based on lending check out operators in Wigan/Newcastle/Falkirk/wherever, nine times their basic wage paying salary so they can have a new car ever two years, eff off plasma screens and a house they had realistically no hope of repaying the mortgage on. Nice one.

I know where I'd stick the next generation of nuclear power plants - right across the road from Hadrians Wall. Just behind the wind farms...
  • Options
    Well Gordon Brown has to look after his own firstly doesnt he!
  • Options
    Would I be a racist if I called for all the Scots south of the wall to be re-patriated?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Would I be a racist if I called for all the Scots south of the wall to be re-patriated?[/quote]

No, you'd just be thick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Would I be a racist if I called for all the Scots south of the wall to be re-patriated?

Would we get expenses?
  • Options
    no but you can get alone for the ticket !
  • Options
    Cant we just repatriate Gordon and Alistair? I'd settle for that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]Find myself agreeing with you cocker!

HBOS, Bradford & Bingley, RBS, Northern Effing Rock...spot the common thread running through. All of them based up north or over the border and had a business model which seems to have been based on lending check out operators in Wigan/Newcastle/Falkirk/wherever, nine times their basic wage paying salary so they can have a new car ever two years, eff off plasma screens and a house they had realistically no hope of repaying the mortgage on. Nice one.

I know where I'd stick the next generation of nuclear power plants - right across the road from Hadrians Wall. Just behind the wind farms...

NatWest, Lloyds TSB? Doesn't really fit in with your argument.

To be fair, the media and most people have totally failed to understand what caused the whole caper. Bad housing debt is what did for tiddly little banks like NR and B&B, but it's not the real reason behind the bigger boys. Proprietary trading is behind the whole caper - basically banks gambling their money on the stock exchange. It seemed obvious. While the markets were on the up they were making vast sums of money for their customers, so they thought why don't we get a slice of this pie? The only problem is they failed to look at their own small print and missed that the value of investments can go up as well as down. Like any dumb investor they believed that a rising market would go on forever and over-committed. That's where the cash has gone. Surprised so few people have sussed this out. It makes the whole thing more the fault of our own barrow boy traders believing their own hype, than any northern monkeys from Wigan, I'm afraid. Unfortunately they thought that they were making money because they were geniuses, but generally they were making money because everyone was.

Anyway, anyone who's hacked off with this should just be moving their business from these banks. If enough of you do it, they'll know about it.
  • Options
    Funny how the tax payers money from England is spread all over the Uk whilst the Welsh,and Scots keep it i their own countries, not to mention the free prescriptions they recieve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    when Loyds/HBOS start to close branches and and shed several thuosand jobs where do u think the axe will fall ? in England ? where there will be a tiny ripple of dicontent or Scotland where all the Labour scottish mafia and the Scot Twats Party (oops meant Scot Nats) wil be screaming ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]when Loyds/HBOS start to close branches and and shed several thuosand jobs where do u think the axe will fall ? in England ? where there will be a tiny ripple of dicontent or Scotland where all the Labour scottish mafia and the Scot Twats Party (oops meant Scot Nats) wil be screaming ?[/quote]

If they shut branches, they will do it based upon those least profitable, which is more likely to be in remoter regions (such as in rural Scotland). Big business is motivated by pound notes, not national prejudices.
  • Options
    so why have they opened their HQ in Scotland ?
    so why are they lending £1.7 billion in Scotland only ?
    s why are the Directors all scots ?

no national prejudices there then all sound investments
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]so why have they opened their HQ in Scotland ?
    so why are they lending £1.7 billion in Scotland only ?
    s why are the Directors all scots ?

no national prejudices there then all sound investments
    Errrrrr....

He was talking about Lloyds TSB. Their HQ is in London, they've not made any lending statements and the directors aren't all Scots (nor are RBS's). Apart from that you're factually right on the money.