Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Year 9 options

Went to my options evening last night and found it quite difficult to choose i have decided on my options and shall be picking Business,media and ICT.
Anyone else on the site or whose sons and daughters are picking their options??
P.S Had a good day today because it's my Birthday and im going to the fleet with my uncle.

Comments

• Options
    Yes i did, i chose Geography and History and it was my birthday yesterday.
  • Options
    Wierd same day as my cousin :)
  • Options
    For my options (was 2000/01) I chose Business and IT. Then we were told we couldn't do IT (something changed, not really sure what it was) that meant we couldn't do it. Instead we did graphics, apart from the few that moved onto something else that they preferred. Unfortunately we had a bad teacher, were mainly stuck in a sewing room until we eventually got to use the computers a bit more often. Can barely remember what the work actually was in graphics. Enjoyed business, went on to do it at college along with IT. Now in the last few months of my IT degree at uni.

When I did business at school it was a GNVQ, I think they changed to a GCSE a few years later, so the course could be quite a bit different now I'd imagine. At college there were a couple of choices for business, one was more coursework based, other one more exams.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    pssssh

Media isn't a subject!
  • Options
    Anyone else feeling old reading that?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Anyone else feeling old reading that?!

Yep....
  • Options
    lol medders - -

my son will be picking his next year -
  • Options
    Yes I feel old !!!
    In my day after 3 years in 'big school' you had to narrow down your o'levels to 8 subjects

Compulsory subjects
    Maths
    English Lang
    English Lit
    French

Then choose 4 from
    Geography
    History
    German
    Latin
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    RE
    Music
    Woodwork
    Metalwork
    Art
  • Options
    What does year 9 mean in old money? 3rd year secondary school?
  • Options
    yes curb it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]What does year 9 mean in old money? 3rd year secondary school?

Yep, that's it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Yes I feel old !!!
    In my day after 3 years in 'big school' you had to narrow down your o'levels to 8 subjects

English, Maths, Science, PE, RE were and I assume still are compulsory now. Didn't and I'd imagine you still don't have to do GCSE PE and you probably don't have to do RE at some schools. We had a good time in PE in the last two years of school, a football tournament nearly every week.