Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Pioneer Motorcycle Run.......

edited March 2009 in Not Sports Related
For machines constructed prior to 1914 takes place this Sunday (22nd). I don't know if any of you out there are interested in 'bikes but this run of approx 250 vintage machines goes from Epsom Racecourse to Brighton (start 8.00a.m). The run, with many ' 50s/60's 'bikes following, happens to go past my place on the A217, two miles South of Reigate. My mates from the Surrey Triumph Club will be stopping off for a cuppa and to watch the old 'uns go past. So if any Lifers are around on this, do drop in, we'd be happy to see you. A warning for anyone thinking of taking Mum out for an airing to Brighton though on Mother's Day: the place will be jam- packed with hairy bikers!

Comments

• My mum would be up for it then !
  • Glad to hear that mate, she'd be spoilt for choice there alright!
  • Can you ask for tips on softening an old leather jacket? Nothing that involves urine or squashed squirrels though... Ta.
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]A warning for anyone thinking of taking Mum out for an airing to Brighton though on Mother's Day: the place will be jam- packed with hairy bikers!

Thats all right they can show her how to cook a proper curry... ;-)

HB_071008022136056_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg
  • Darren, will ask around but I know a couple of people have used Autoglym Leather Cream and got good results. In my rocker days Castrol 20/50 usually did the trick! Sorry Adam, my wheezy old computer won't download the link, perhaps I'm too far away, but the best we can do is tea and toast!
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]For machines constructed prior to 1914 takes place this Sunday (22nd). I don't know if any of you out there are interested in 'bikes but this run of approx 250 vintage machines goes from Epsom Racecourse to Brighton (start 8.00a.m). The run, with many ' 50s/60's 'bikes following, happens to go past my place on the A217, two miles South of Reigate. My mates from the Surrey Triumph Club will be stopping off for a cuppa and to watch the old 'uns go past. So if any Lifers are around on this, do drop in, we'd be happy to see you. A warning for anyone thinking of taking Mum out for an airing to Brighton though on Mother's Day: the place will be jam- packed with hairy bikers!

I'll try to make that and run the Bonneville over there. I prefer the Ace Cafes Rockers Reunion now that is a great day out . All the Club Members take that seriously starting from The Ace etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Can you ask for tips on softening an old leather jacket? Nothing that involves urine or squashed squirrels though... Ta.

Wear it and some hard riding in the wet and rain. Then there is the old HAMC idea
    but too lewd for a family forum
  • Tricky business, this whispering lark!
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Tricky business, this whispering lark!
    Kin is ! Technology