Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Showers

Having my bathroom done soon hopefully.Was thinking about having a pump for the shower but have since heard they can be a bit pricey to run.Not so much the electricity to the pump more the gas to keep heating the water.Anyone know?

Comments

• Options
    well, firstly, if you have a combi boiler you can't have a pump.
  • Options
    Best showers you can get are from a pump using your own hot water storage. The pumps aren't that expensive to run - about 20p for a 10 minute shower.

Don't put in a pump if you have a combination boiler though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]well, firstly, if you have a combi boiler you can't have a pump.

I was aware of that.Cheers though
  • Options
    Hi Carlyburn,

I fitted one about 18 months ago and to be honest have not noticed a thing re electricity charges, I reckon Addickted is about right with his costings though.

I bought a "Salamander" pump which seem to one of the leaders in this field and it works a treat, if my memory serves me I think it was in the region of £95.00.

Good luck
  • Options
    Bathroom all done.Happy with it.Got the pump for the shower.Certainly wakes me up in the morning.Only thing is,after two showers in short succession,the bloody hot waters all gone!!
    So thanks for your help bozo's!

;-)

Least i can turn it off if i havn't been on the sauce the night before.Only really need it to blow off those hangover cobwebs.
  • Options
    Sounds like you've got a decent pump then.
    I fitted one a few years back (3 bar) certainly wakes you up in the morning.
    When it gives up or I redo the bathroom I go for a large mega flow system, that gives you mains pressure on hot water.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Sounds like you've got a decent pump then.

Ooh err missus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]When it gives up or I redo the bathroom I go for a large mega flow system, that gives you mains pressure on hot water.
    I have a megflow system and the shower pressure is excellent. Given that it works with a combi boiler it's the best of both worlds