Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This Nuclear Malarky !

The Yanks, Us, Russia, Iran , Uncle Tom Cobbly..........All still committed to either keeping or aquiring them . Are we all going bonkers again ?

Comments

• Options
    The world has always been threatened by madmen.
  • Options
    Quite how is this "General Charlton" unless he is some sort of military advisor to the UN?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Quite how is this "General Charlton" unless he is some sort of military advisor to the UN?

If there is a nuclear war it will have a massive effect on Charlton, but it probably will never happen.

The same could be said for that Bi bloke signing but it didn't stop you going on about him. :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Quite how is this "General Charlton" unless he is some sort of military advisor to the UN?

1. The Russian nuclear arsenal is located on the Eastern side of the Ural Mountains.
    2. On a straight line between the Urals and Shooters Hill, there is no land higher in between.
    3. Therefore, the right location for the United Kingdom's strategic defence is and has always been the arsenal in Woolwich.
    4. Woolwich Arsenal left the area several decades ago, leaving Charlton as theonly significant South East London football club.
    5. Therefore, the world's nuclear capability is inextricably linked with Charlton QED, this discussion is entirely appropriate for the section, General Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]

1. The Russian nuclear arsenal is located on the Eastern side of the Ural Mountains.
    2. On a straight line between the Urals and Shooters Hill, there is no land higher in between.
    3. Therefore, the right location for the United Kingdom's strategic defence is and has always been the arsenal in Woolwich.
    4. Woolwich Arsenal left the area several decades ago, leaving Charlton as theonly significant South East London football club.
    5. Therefore, the world's nuclear capability is inextricably linked with Charlton QED, this discussion is entirely appropriate for the section, General Charlton.

The most logical post on here this week. Well done Sir!
  • Options
    Amongst the Green end of the spectrum (James Lovelock et al) it's starting to be accepted that nuclear power needs to be adopted by as many nations as possible in order to avoid global warming. So that's a dilemma?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]4. Woolwich Arsenal left the area several decades ago, leaving Charlton as the only significant South East London football club.

Notice how L' Arsenal vacated the area at the first sign of trouble!
  • Options
    As I recall, the govt. of the day kindly advised me to use a lot of whitewash and shelter from the blast under unhinged doors. I'm staying in my bunker on this one!