Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Verdict please...

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Should I update this and carry on with it; or let it die a slow, painless death?

Essie Seven

Comments

• Options
    Looks good as it is if you ask me! Keep it on that page for properity until we beat/meet them again.

One point of note. How the hell did Andy Petterson get Player of the year in 1997? Don't think he played until around Xmas that season. (and he was crap)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Looks good as it is if you ask me! Keep it on that page for properity until we beat/meet them again.

One point of note. How the hell did Andy Petterson get Player of the year in 1997? Don't think he played until around Xmas that season. (and he was crap)

Thanks for the comments. No idea how Pettersen got the gong in '97 - I thought he was rubbish too.
  • Options
    Just picking up on that Player of the Year theme; in 1972 no award was made, presumably because of the relegation.
    It was given retrospectively to Keithie Peacock in Millenium year. Nice and sentimental.
    Had it been made at the time I'd venture to suggest Ray Treacy would have won it by a country mile.
    Would have got my vote anyway!
  • Options
    Nice to visit it and get a bit nostalgic for better times!
  • Options
    No, not until you link to blogs that are actually in existence :-)
  • Options
    Interesting to note that Nicky Johns is the only player to win Player of the Year more than once in non-consecutive years. Anorak off.