Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

27 Years for Something You Didn't Do

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/7950303.stm

Just how do you re-build your life after that? How many other falsely convicted people are there serving time? And is this not the most compelling of all arguments against the death penalty?

Comments

• Options
    yes

but they did say sorry
  • Options
    he was convicted in 1982. DNA evidence was first used in 1986. Once used shouldn't they have reviewed all cases where samples were available for DNA testing just to ensure that all convictions were watertight ? A waste of money ? Not in my eyes. Poor bloke.
  • Options
    then there is the matter of the scum bag who did it ----- out there and ding what ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]then there is the matter of the scum bag who did it
    out there and ding what ?

should there be a national DNA database ? Solving crimes would be a hell of a lot easier.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]then there is the matter of the scum bag who did it

should there be a national DNA database ? Solving crimes would be a hell of a lot easier.

so would fitting up.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    big argument against the death penalty, for all readers of the Daily Mail.

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

so would fitting up.

I'd like to see someone getting hold of my sperm without me knowing.
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if fitting up ocurrs using DNA evidence now, only need be a bit of skin or hair I believe
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hate idea 100% hate it of a DNA data base --------------------- British Justice (dont laugh) has to be inocent untill PROVEN guilty --- end of. The bullshit of "its OK if you have nothing to hide" well thats bullshit.

we are the most regemented country in the so called free world. CCTV everywhere--- mobile calls monitored----- held without trial for f**k knows how long---- OB and HM Gov and local councils using "anti terror laws" for minor tin pot shit. The list goes on and on.

Dont trust OB never have never will.

Its a shock but they do lie ! and someone told me that Dixon of Dock Green wasnt true !
  • Options
    The guy was a compulsive liar and admitted the crime to police, clergymen and stuff though didnt he?

Bloody idiot - if you're a compulsive liar you are meant to do it for your own benefit, not to get locked up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

so would fitting up.

why would they need your sperm?
  • Options
    Anyone see that programme about Holloway last night.

Some of the women wanted to go inside to get off drugs, others had so little going on outside in their lives that the prison offered some form of security and routine. A few seemed to be in and out every few weeks for minor offences

Maybe this guy just liked all the attention. Admitting to crimes you don't commit sounds like serious mental illness to me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Anyone see that programme about Holloway last night.

Some of the women wanted to go inside to get off drugs, others had so little going on outside in their lives that the prison offered some form of security and routine. A few seemed to be in and out every few weeks for minor offences

Maybe this guy just liked all the attention. Admitting to crimes you don't commit sounds like serious mental illness to me

didn't see it,i was watching something about darwin and eugenics.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Anyone see that programme about Holloway last night.

didn't see it,i was watching something about darwin and eugenics.

That was on before it. I watched both.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]

so would fitting up.

why would they need your sperm?

in the case we are discussing it was sperm that they had for DNA testing not hair, saliva etc
  • Options
    The UK has the biggest DNA data base in the world --------------- why ?
  • Options
    Cant get into the link.
    Was he convicted by a jury of his peers or did he just plead guilty to a crime he didnt commit. or is it a case of Old Bill doing a frame job?
    If you have seen some of the people on jury service it's no wonder sometimes they get it wrong by convicting innocents, or acquiting the guilty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Cant get into the link.
    Was he convicted by a jury of his peers or did he just plead guilty to a crime he didnt commit. or is it a case of Old Bill doing a frame job?
    If you have seen some of the people on jury service it's no wonder sometimes they get it wrong by convicting innocents, or acquiting the guilty.
    He was a compulsive liar and said it was him to the police, church, his lawyer etc...
  • Options
    if you are wrongly arrested for something the police still keep dna for there database