Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Preston - Poll, pre-match views etc

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
So it is Gentry Day for our friends from the norff, but will they bowler home with three points in their briefcase, or will the 'no pressure' environment prove well suited to the Addicks ?

Ward back in for Holland i assume ? What team would you pick, how do you see it going, what will the crowd be etc

Comments

• Options
    we'll win this one.3 points in the bag and we will close the gap for safety to 11.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    we win cos we aint that bad just the managment and coaching are crap
    jonjo starts ... 20 to 1 with paddy power first goalscorer get on it!
    i reckon the crowd will be over 20k ;-)
  • Options
    a draw for me and only because PNE are so poor on the road. Saying that they couldn't wish to play anyone else to put that to rights tomorrow.
  • Options
    3 points in the bag, ha

think the suns making us all dillusional, infact doesn't this always happen when we play back2back games on the road, we all seem to forget just how poor we really are!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]3 points in the bag, ha

think the suns making us all dillusional, infact doesn't this always happen when we play back2back games on the road, we all seem to forget just how poor we really are!

yep, two decent away performances, renewed optimism, back to earth with a thud.
  • Options
    win then 5 back to back with all the other losing and were home and dry...
  • Options
    We'll lose, we won't win again until we're mathematically down. Sure I said this last game too, I'm starting to feel like OoohAhhh
  • Options
    Preston to win 2 v 1

lowest crowd of the season 19,300
  • Options
    I'll be there tomorrow so fully expecting a win. The law of averages states that sooner or later you have to get an undeserved, spawny 90th minute winner. Doesn't it...?
  • Options
    No doubt will be 3 points, game of the season......Just because i've got to work all day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Youga or Butterball for this one, according to SSN. So Basey & Moo2? Or Holland to draw one of the full back positions out of a hat? Who knows and, to be honest, who cares. PNE to win this one because it matters to them.
  • Options
    Lets hope Moo2 is given a game and shows what he can do.
  • Options
    Preston rubbish away from home so it would be nice to think we can make it three home wins from the last five.

However, I reckon a draw is most likely, partly due to yet another different (if enofrced) permuation of the back four.

With ZZ to start, the best Shelvey can hope for is to come off the bench for 15 mins max. A shame, IMO.

Basey presumably comes in. The other full-back? Well many who allege to be 'in the know' claimed on here recently that Moots has played his last game for Charlton, FACT. So really not sure what will happen on that one...
  • Options
    I want to see Parkin in the Flesh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]the best Shelvey can hope for is to come off the bench for 15 mins max. A shame, IMO.

he starts
  • Options
    Excellent news!

So is ZZ on the bench? Parky said two weeks ago that he couldn't play them both in the same team as they replicate each other!
  • Options
    Sorry to be pessimistic but when do we ever win in March?

Preston win I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Charlton to sneak this - if only because we deserve some better fortune.

Formation 4-4-2 with Kandol/Dickson to start and Shelvey on the bench, and Ward back into defence.
  • Options
    We'll win this because I'm not going.
  • Options
    Charlton: Elliot; Butterfield, Youga, Hudson, Ward; Ambrose, Racon, Shelvey, Zheng, Bailey; Kandol.

Subs: Randolph, Holland, Sam, Dickson, Burton.

Preston: Lonergan; Jones, Nolan, St Ledger, Mawene; Wallace, Carter, Whaley, Sedgwick; Elliott, Parkin.

Subs: Neal; Chilvers, Barton, Brown, Mellor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the look of the team. quite an attacking lookin midfield for once. Will we be too lightweight though ?
  • Options
    Cmon You Reds (Strange empty echo) God hardly anyone has turned up here, I hope there some supporters at the valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]I like the look of the team. quite an attacking lookin midfield for once. Will we be too lightweight though ?

Only Spring and Soares dropped, and Soares is out on the right anyway, so no more lightweight than usual.
  • Options
    cmon you reds

link anyone
  • Options
    anything happening
  • Options
    http://matchlive.safc.premiumtv.co.uk/mlex/258741/matches/02212009/3004809/match_console.html?clubid=undefined

is worth a try click on PNE comm
  • Options
    Not a lot happening , Commentatore just chatting
  • Options
    Zeng Zi starts off good attack , goalie gathers
  • Options
    use other match thread