Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Been away a week - can I prey we play two up front today?

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
In a must win game?

Dickson and Kandol, pretty please?!

Comments

• Options
    nope

dickson but no kandol
  • Options
    Kandol's starting, Dickson on the bench.

Will be interesting to see how that midfield does.
  • Options
    Sadly, these two are our best two strikers & they are both pretty clueless. It's not too hard to see why we have struggled all season to score goals. I'm quite happy to give Parky a chance to replace them with some decent goalscorers before I judge him.
  • Options
    indeed the lack of any half decent strikers is the main problem, i thought we defended well today, Racon and ZZ bossed midfield most of the time but attackwise it ends there. Preston are what 8th or 9th in league? Yet they looked very poor, with a good pairing of strikers think we would've won easily. it's easy to moan at Parky about only playing one up front but Dickson hasn't convinced me he's worth starting after the Doncaster game, and that leaves Burton and Todorov, not exactly gonna frighten many defences with any of them.
  • Options
    But Burton was Parky's signing, so if he's not now considered to be effective enough for the starting line up then Parky has to take some of the criticism for that.

Agree that the defence looked OK today, although it was probably helped by the fact that Preston looked strangely uninterested in pushing for a win themselves.
  • Options
    yh i agree with all of that, however Burton was a free transfer as we're broke so it was probably just a gamble which hasn't really worked. Dowie and Pardew both had varying amounts of money to spend, Parky's had virtually nothing i think. i dont love the guy by any means but i think some of the criticism he receives is a bit harsh considering the squad he's had to take over and lack of funds to change it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Sadly, these two are our best two strikers & they are both pretty clueless. It's not too hard to see why we have struggled all season to score goals. I'm quite happy to give Parky a chance to replace them with some decent goalscorers before I judge him.

Yeah it's a huge problem, that's the main reason I could possibly see Parkinson doing well with us in League One. If we had better goalscorers, not even necessarily better all round players up front we'd have been ok this season. I think a lot of people forget/don't realise that.

Look at the Forest game, Shelvey put Burton through a couple of times, if we had a goalscorer we'd have gone 1 or 2-0 up and maybe got Forest again on the counter.