Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today.......

2»

Comments

• Options
    First half was a total snore draw. No urgency, no cutting edge, no incident, no width, no shots on goal worth mentioning. Second half, more urgency, more cutting edge, more incident, more width, more shots on goal worth mentioning. Result, not enough urgency, not enough cutting edge, not enough incident, not enough width, not enough shots on goal worth mentioning! Outcome = snore draw.

A few things to mention. When are the club actually going to go through with the covertly stated policy that Ambrose will never play for us again because his performance today was absolutely abysmal. He should never wear the shirt again. Parkin has to be the fattest player I have seen since........Harry Cripps maybe. The Ref was a joke. Why when we need a win desperately does Parky start with one striker and no width? My MoM was Racon, followed by Jonjo, ZZ and Ward.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite] Parkin has to be the fattest player I have seen

think we know where his name comes from

http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Traditional_Parkin.aspx
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Parkin has to be the fattest player I have seen

think we know where his name comes from

http://www.waitrose.com/recipe/Traditional_Parkin.aspx

According to their Physio, he is the fittest fat bloke he knows!
  • Options
    I wish we had Parkin playing for us yesterday. Held it up well and was quite skilful for a 'big man'.

Thought Hudson/Ward and Holland did well against him though.

And Dickson continues to show why he is a problem. Immediately added some dash up front but then had a very poor first touch which ruined a break followed by being offside when with his pace he didnt need to be. Very frustrating player.

Hollands last 10 minutes showed why he would be a very useful asset next season.

Bit worried about Bailey being played wide left and then moved to full back. Hope it doesnt piss him off because we will need him next year and I hope that he is being earmarked to cover ZZs position when he leaves in the Summer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Beer was excellent in the lib

Burger was good outside the ground

Company was good

Beer was dreadful inside the ground

In total today I watched possibly 30 minutes max of football, Preston looked pretty piss poor however we somehow managed to look a bit more piss poor. I had had enough, so went back to the lib (which I wish I did when me and MCS saw a couple of the other lads leaving at half time when we eventually rocked up) I pissed off early again (call me a plastic go on) back to the liberal and had a right grin, then the oggmeister gave me his own rose tinted glasses and the world looked a much better place. Even the unusually high and stinking amounts of horse shit smelt nice. I had an epiphany and decided instead of going back to Chatham to sulk I went out and had a beer instead and had an enjoyable evening.

Should have gone with Rich and Tom when they came down the stairs at HT!! But had a nice beer with Afka's bro and the Oggster at half time!! The Glasses Oggy had were absolute genius!!! Cheers for the beers chaps, as an unemployed arse they were most kind. Sorry couldn't make it out after, was better that i went as i have to say i had had enough and since i was nursing a hangover too it felt like i was on the piss for 2 days!!

As dicko has said above the beer in the lib was good, the game b4 was good, good company met a few new faces Blackheath Addick, March51, Dazzler, Nelsonout all top dudes.

Honerable mention of the day goes to redarmySE7 who i think might of scored in the lifers game!! haha and highlight in the lib was northstandsteve putting on oggys glasses and then proclaim 'were gonna make the play offs' legendary moment haha
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think it's fair to say(for the umpteenth time) that a new manager is needed for next season. Parkinson inspires no confidence in player or fan alike. He should have gone with Pardew and someone could have come in and inspired a turn around, the fact that he was being judged on performances until the turn of this year and no such performances were forthcoming and yet he still got the job was nothing short of disastrous/scandalous (delete as applicable).
    Fresh ideas and a reasonable team in place for 2009/10 would result in a general feeling of optimism amongst the faithful, more Parkinson though............
  • Options
    I fell asleep and I'm not joking. Most boring game of all time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I fell asleep and I'm not joking. Most boring game of all time.

more excitement next season different league more chances of winning zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Was surprised by Preston's lack of ambition. They had a solid back four who denied us space. I I quite enjoyed the game but there was an end of season feel to it all. Thought we were the better team and the crowd even started doing the "o-la, o-la" after a string of passes.

ZZ sold one of their players a lovely dummy early on but couldn't get behind the Preston defence and his, and everyone elses long range shooting was poor.

Racon ran the game throughout (don't know where this poor first half comes from) and should have scored when another nice passing move put him thru but blasted over.

Shelvey did OK put was tired at the end.

Ward and Hudson dealt well with Parkin and Brown. Two big lumps but Parkin had a few decent touches as well.

When Dickson came on and we went 442 Preston came into in more as they had room in the middle for the first time. Bailey moving to full back gave their wide player the only time and space he had all game.

Dickson creates panic in defences but his first touch was awful on Saturday.

Kandol had the best chance of the game and was denied by a great save right under the bar. Thought he was unlucky with a couple of the offside calls but didn't have a good game. Should have left a near post header to ZZ. Instead the two of them got in each others way.

Didn't see many bowler hats in the streets or the away end
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Didn't see many bowler hats in the streets or the away end

there was a big crowd of P.N.E with suits and bowler hat attire outside the Rose of Denmark when i walked past
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I fell asleep and I'm not joking. Most boring game of all time.

Really? I thought Racon's skill pace and control would keep most awake! Most entertaining Valley player in a very long time.
  • Options
    I agree with Henry it was a strange game, lack of atmosphere both on and off the pitch. The game had an end of season where both teams cannot go up or down feel. Although having said that we played some nice stuff at times, without really setting up a golden chance. The game needed a first half goal.
  • Options
    that was a mediocre performance at best. Some fans clapped them off at the end as if we'd won the league not just drawn at home to the team, bar us, with the worst away record. I believe that this season has been so bad that a lot of fans saw that performance as acceptable. I didn't, and once again it totally showed up Parky's ineptitude.