Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

14 Players Out Of Contract....

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Who are they?

Holland
Zheng
Ambrose
Weaver
Todorov
Wright?
Sinclair?
Fortune
Randolph?

I assume he is including youngsters as well?

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Who are they?

Holland
    Zheng
    Ambrose
    Weaver
    Todorov
    Wright?
    Sinclair?

Shame

Fortune
    Randolph?

I assume he is including youngsters as well?[/quote]
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Who are they?

Holland
    Zheng
    Ambrose
    Weaver
    Todorov
    Wright?
    Sinclair?

Shame

Fortune
    Randolph?

I assume he is including youngsters as well?

Who is Shame?
  • Options
    The following 10 definitely are-

Ambrose, Arter, Fortune, Holland, Randolph, Thomas, Todorov, Wright, Yussuff and Zheng.

After that it seems like Weaver's contract expires, 3rd year they announced was probably optional? Might be others with optional years that are announced as 3 or 4 year contracts?

Sinclair's was announced as a 3 year deal, but like Weaver maybe it actually isn't? Might have to play a certain number of games to get an extra year or something?

If he's talking about youngsters it'll be the ones that are being released, but that would be more like 17/18 players.

Christie, Godfrey, Lee (though they're still to make a decision on him), Long, Lozano-Calderon, O'Shea and Sinfield.
  • Options
    Could also mean the loanees? He says we have a 38 man squad, which must include Butterfield, Ward, Soares and Kandol.
  • Options
    There are few players in that lot, with the exception of Holland that I would loose too much sleep over, and with matty I would give him a years contract tied to an appearance percentage sliding scale purely out of sentiment because the guy, seems to have Charlton in his heart, and the division we are heading for is probably his future. I think it will be more than 10, about 15 to me! do I hear any advances on 15! going, going......
  • Options
    shame its only 14
  • Options
    what is the best team we could
    Put out of just contracted players
    No loans!?
  • Options
    Here's 31 of the 38, assume the other 7 are first year pros + those recently offered contracts ?? indicates guesses

Presumably some of those on longer contracts may have relegation release clauses

2009 Darren Ambrose
    2009 Matt Holland
    2009 Matt Wright
    2009 Zheng Zhi
    2009 Stetoslav Todorov
    2009?? Darren Randolph
    2009?? Jon Fortune
    2009?? Aswad Thomas
    2009?? Scott Wagstaff
    2009?? Rashid Yussuff
    2009?? Danny Uchechi

2010 Rob Elliot
    2010 Nicky Weaver
    2010 Chris Solly
    2010 Grant Basey
    2010 Lloyd Sam
    2010 Dean Sinclair
    2010 Matt Spring
    2010?? Deon Burton

2011 Mark Hudson
    2011 Yassin Moutaouakil
    2011 Kelly Youga
    2011 Jose Semedo
    2011 Therry Racon
    2011 Nicky Bailey
    2011 Martin Christiansen
    2011 Stuart Fleetwood
    2011 Andy Gray
    2011 Izale McLeod
    2011 Jonjo Shelvey
    2011?? Chris Dixon

I'm sure they'll want to move on some of the 2010/2011's to save wages if nothing else (Gray, Weaver, Mcleod, Christiansen) With the amount of squad turnover we will get in the summer there will be no squad stability for the third year running. Hopefully we'll get our business done early, before pre season.
  • Options
    Matt Wright?? Doesn't he write the programme?
  • Options
    Yep, there's no programme next season.

I think he means Josh Wright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Martin Christiansen - there's a right b'stard. I say we do not loan him out and freeze him out - take a tough line and before long his agent would be pleading us to put him on the transfer list....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]Martin Christiansen - there's a right b'stard. I say we do not loan him out and freeze him out - take a tough line and before long his agent would be pleading us to put him on the transfer list....

Where else will he earn £5k a week?
  • Options
    The clubs that have him on loan - seem he's right popular in the Dutch/Danish leagues...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]Martin Christiansen - there's a right b'stard. I say we do not loan him out and freeze him out - take a tough line and before long his agent would be pleading us to put him on the transfer list....

If you are being paid £5k a week and the only offers coming your way mean a drastic wage reduction would stay put or leave?

I suspect most people would continue to take the £5k, In any case it's hardly his fault that Charlton agreed a deal with his former club that we'd pay an additional £250K when he plays a first team match. Naturally given our financial state we don't have the money to do that, hence the player knows his career at Charlton is going nowhere but as he has a contract he's going to happily keep trousering the money, and I don't blame him one bit.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]The clubs that have him on loan - seem he's right popular in the Dutch/Danish leagues...

They will contribute to his wages but we will still be picking up a fair old wedge of them.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]Martin Christiansen - there's a right b'stard. I say we do not loan him out and freeze him out - take a tough line and before long his agent would be pleading us to put him on the transfer list....[/quote]

If you are being paid £5k a week and the only offers coming your way mean a drastic wage reduction would stay put or leave?

I suspect most people would continue to take the £5k, In any case it's hardly his fault that Charlton agreed a deal with his former club that we'd pay an additional £250K when he plays a first team match. Naturally given our financial state we don't have the money to do that, hence the player knows his career at Charlton is going nowhere but as he has a contract he's going to happily keep trousering the money, and I don't blame him one bit.[/quote]

Is he any good I wonder? I've never seen him play (like most of us I guess!), but you never know, give him a run in the 1st team and it could turn out to be one of the best £250Ks we've ever spent.............if we've got £250K to spare, that is!!! :-(
  • Options
    We havent.

I just consider it part of the cost of Pardews termination package.

He pressured the Board for the deal and they bowed to his judgement.
  • Options
    Ucheci is not on our books any longer....that I can confirm 100%

Weaver/Holland/Ambrose/ZZ/Todarov are the main players who's contracts expire or should I say biggest earners?

Moo2 will move on...expect a squad of 18-20 players maximum next year.