Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Comparison of the two matches I saw today.........

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Today I watched both CLFC and CAFC and would like to offer an unbiased comparison.

a) CLFC, in short, ran their legs off for the cause.Despite only playing two previous games this season and having a number of people who hadn't seen each other before today, the teamwork and understanding between individuals was remarkable! CAFC on the other hand still seem unable to communicate with each other and consequently offer little danger to the opposition especially in a 4-5-1 formation, compared to CLFC's 4-4-2.
b) CLFC never gave up: heads didn't go down, the effort and no little skill kept them in the hunt and the opposition who, I suspect ,expected a stroll in the park, could never relax. CAFC on the other hand seem to accept their fate once they're behind and the effort subsides accordingly. Not strictly true today of course but was there any real effort to win?
c) AFKA's half time team talk! I haven't worn a pair of boots in anger for around 30 years but after hearing his stirring words of encouragement to the sweating troops even I felt 'Yes , we can do this! If it wasn't for my 'problem' I'd have sqeezed into a red shirt and gone 'over the top' with the lads! No-one was slagged off and along with a bit of advice everyone was boosted into giving that little bit more effort.On the other hand I can only imagine what Parky's HT talk might comprise: whatever it is it never seems to make much difference.
d) As far as player ratings are concerned no-one in the CLFC team would have rated under 7 or at a stretch 8. They were playing superior opposition in terms of training and experience (they even had team tracksuits and shirts with their names on!) but never let it worry them. CAFC ratings are shown on other threads and speak for themselves.

The CLFC game was most enjoyable and played in the right spirit: the ref ensured that! The CAFC game was a real struggle to sit through, the end can't come soon enough!

Comments

• Options
    Plus I suppose none of the CL lot will be picking up £10k this week for their performance.
  • Options
    Yesterday was the first Lifers game I have missed this season, to be honest "I couldn't be bothered" WHY, to be honest, I am fed up watching players being played out of position! the game against Burnley for example, there was this guy on the touchline and believe me he can juggle a football, had a hairstyle like JonJo and a body like Parkin, they gave him 10 minutes in midfield where he "bossed it" if others had been on the same level we would 3 or 4 up by half time, then they dragged him off again!! The managers haven't a clue, this guys first touch was amazing, short and simple passes nice and easy just how the game should be played. The after 30 minutes what does he do, he puts him back on " AS A STRIKER " absolutely clue less those guys are and they should walk and I will stay away until they do. I know its only a game to some, but to me its more than that its about meeting your mates having a few beers and a laugh, and I wont be renewing my season ticket until they go. After all the fans know best, if we picked the team we'd every week its not about opinions I know I'm right! ;)
  • Options
    Rubbish attitude TCE. "Baldy" get paid bucketloads to wear the shirt that, quite frankly, 1400 other Lifers would gladly wear for free. Yeah, the manager's a short arse and his record here is pitiful at best (have we won a match yet???), but it's his club. He buys the pints. Some hanker back to the golden days of worldnet... but not me. If I'm honest... BORING!!!!
  • Options
    Cheers March, thanks for coming along to support and glad you enjoyed it. Good to meet you.