Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jade Goody RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    However what does annoy me, is seeing all these people, reporters, celebrities etc etc falling over themselves to say good words about her. Where were they when the Big Brother race row kicked off?

Or do you think that someone has stuck a microphone under their noses and asked them for a comment?
  • Options
    Apparently Stephen Fry has described the late Ms G as 'a Diana from the wrong side of the tracks' - oh dear...- though you have to wonder if he'd actually heard of her before the Clifford PR circus

Perhaps he's being a little bit too dry for you - Princess Diana used the media to her advantage when it suited her...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Apparently Stephen Fry has described the late Ms G as 'a Diana from the wrong side of the tracks' - oh dear...- though you have to wonder if he'd actually heard of her before the Clifford PR circus

Perhaps he's being a little bit too dry for you - Princess Diana used the media to her advantage when it suited her...[/quote]

But Diana had done positive things worthy of media attention, even if due to her 'position'.
    To answer mortimer, I have nothing 'against' either person - never watch(ed) Big Brother (only the clips shown in national news), and Max C. is only doing what he's been paid to do - but when that extends to intrusion into national tv news coverage, I'm objecting to the 'value' attached to the situation , other than raising awareness of cervical cancer and its possible tragic consequences, and the (high) profile of the news story.
    And still the local public throw money at florists rather than at cancer charities.