Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson not Norman or Michael BUT W H O?

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
There seems to be some support for Ince but if you thoght Pardew had an ego issue , then the 'Guvnor' might even surpass him.
So NO as far as I can see.

THere are several that could get us out of the THird Division; Steve Tilson , Mickey Adams spring to mind or do we give Kinsella a go.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Nothing wrong with an ego if you are able to get the best out of a group of players (something which after the first few months Pardew singularly failed to do). Not keen on Ince as a person particularly but admire his achievements in the game and his ambition. I know his lower league skills have been looked at before but it bares saying again. He had enough about him to turn Macclesfield- a team of no hopers on a fast track to non league football 10pts + adrift at the bottom of the Football League into a side with belief and passion that in the end proved enough to avoid the drop with games to spare. He walked into a hornets nest at a deflated Mk Dons and got them up and picked up a trophy on the way.
    Blackburn Rovers was a jump to far to soon, maybe a spot in the CCC would have done him good but he still appears up for a challenge, for me he appears inspirational at lower level and ambitious to get to the top. A deflated Charlton looking to return to former glories and an ambitious Paul Ince looking to restore his managerial reputation could be a very good combination. I barely regard Phil Parkinson as our manager, he essentially has delivered not even an eighth of what we could reasonably expect. The team is going down without a whimper and for me that is the saddest thing.
    Charlton sides I have watched over the years have always (generally) delivered when it comes to the minimum requirement- passion and pride. We haven't always had the quality but we could never question commitment. This season barring a few notable exceptions we really can. I for one will be very happy to see the back of this season and hope that our board will feel the same about Parkinson who whilst a nice guy does not seem to have a clue about what this club needs. Every day he remains in charge is another day of farce which absolutely must end soon.