Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who gave less for the cause than anybody in the red shirt

there have been lots of poor players in our history but we can forgive them if they try there hardest.who did'nt even try tho?my list is this.paul bacon jimmy floyd neil heeney mike small neil redfern bart williams carlton cole.shame on this lot cos some of them could play when they could be bothered

Comments

• Options
    damn i forgot romedal
  • Options
    If you take the fee paid versus the effort applied then AMady Faye by a mile . A total disgrace.
  • Options
    I think that honour belongs to Marcus Bent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]there have been lots of poor players in our history but we can forgive them if they try there hardest.who did'nt even try tho?my list is this.paul bacon jimmy floyd neil heeney mike small neil redfern bart williams carlton cole.shame on this lot cos some of them could play when they could be bothered

why does neil heaney get criticised?! did a good job for us and taricco won't foret him. ;0) redfearn tried and rommedahl did too, but didn't fit for us. i never thought of carlton cole as lazy either!

no arguments on JFH though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think that honour belongs to Marcus Bent.

Its a tough call , Bent M did have a couple of games under Curbs , including his debut goal at Chelsea.
    But according to a mate who supports Brum his is ' one of the most lazy KNtz ever to wear a blue shirt'

The Faye at his disinterested worst was that Wycombe Wanderers game total toilet!
  • Options
    i did'nt think heeney contributed anything to the team and i guess curbs agreed as he did'nt try to sign him.romedal was one of the worse signings ever.a total waste of space
  • Options
    Paul Bacon tried, didn't usually play well but tried when we were struggling with a small squad. When we lost 3-1 at Milwall he was one of the better players on the pitch, but fans just wanted to slate him. Heaney was good filling in when Robbo was out injured, not stellar but helped keep the momentum and was better than the countless rubbish wingers we've had recently.

Didn't think Redfearn did try that much, liked to make awful shots and do very little whilst thinking he was the business.

Has to be Amdy Faye, just couldn't do anything.
  • Options
    mixing up effort and ability/impact? Jerome T was the biggest waster for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think that honour belongs to Marcus Bent.

Its a tough call , Bent M did have a couple of games under Curbs , including his debut goal at Chelsea.
    But according to a mate who supports Brum his is ' one of the most lazy KNtz ever to wear a blue shirt'

The Faye at his disinterested worst was that Wycombe Wanderers game total toilet!

Hah - his debut goal at Chelsea - as I remember it he did not know what has happened as the ball bounced on his head when he wasnt looking and then somehow landed in the net...

M Bent deffo the one guy that was so disinterested that every chance he has hes off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]there have been lots of poor players in our history but we can forgive them if they try there hardest.who did'nt even try tho?my list is this.paul bacon jimmy floyd neil heeney mike small neil redfern bart williams carlton cole.shame on this lot cos some of them could play when they could be bothered

why does neil heaney get criticised?! did a good job for us and taricco won't foret him. ;0) redfearn tried and rommedahl did too, but didn't fit for us. i never thought of carlton cole as lazy either!

I'd make you right on those Heaney did a job in that run to Wembley. JFH was just there on a pension top up.
    Redfearn was overthe hill, Rommedahl didn't get a long enough run on the correct side and we wern't a strong enough team to allow him to play to his strengths.
    Cole was OK .

But Faye and Bent were both a disgrace.
    [cite]Posted By: BBClaus[/cite]

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Plus Heaney was never on the losing side for Charlton! Not many players like that. And finally he had the most ridiculous goose stepping step over I've ever seen. Worth it just for that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]i did'nt think heeney contributed anything to the team and i guess curbs agreed as he did'nt try to sign him.romedal was one of the worse signings ever.a total waste of space

Heaney did contribute a bit, but I suspect the reason why Curbs didn't try to sign him was that he wasn't up to prem standard football, which is where we ended up after his last game for us.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]i did'nt think heeney contributed anything to the team and i guess curbs agreed as he did'nt try to sign him.romedal was one of the worse signings ever.a total waste of space

heaney did a job for us when we needed it and curbs liked him enough to play him at wembley.

if rommedahl was rubbish it doesn't mean he didn't try. I always thought we didn't know how to play him. The amount of times he'd be totally unmarked, calling for the ball with his hands in the air but no-one seemed able to switch the play and get him the ball.
  • Options
    Bent M was distinctly lazy
  • Options
    from my memory, heaney was awful for us in every game he played apart from the play off final itself when he wasnt bad. the face he didnt lose a game for us was because the other 10 players were pretty much the best in the division
  • Options
    i thought heaney was ok, and certainly tried. i also believe if rommedahl was played in a diff side he could have cut it, he was shite for us but did try. main culprits - jfh, marcus bent, faye, and everyone seems to have forgotten the worst player of all time to win a champs lge medal.....traore. thomas was a knt too.
  • Options
    rommedahl total shite ,shite shite.
  • Options
    rommedahl again shite.
  • Options
    he played on the left
    he played on the riiiiiiight
    it made no difference,
    cos Dennis was shite
  • Options
    Heaney had a ridiculous 2million price tag if I recall which was more likely the reason he wasn't signed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    funny thing his best (imo) was against the Goonershit when Cashley(twat) Cole was playing. He burned Cole for pace time and again. Cole gets booked, and it looks like our best way of geting at them ------------------ Curbs subbed him !!
  • Options
    We never played to M Bents strengths.
    women,clubing . He actually said to his agent "im a celebraty get he out of here"
  • Options
    with hine sight paul bacon dont belong on this thread.its not that he did'nt try its just that he was'nt really a footballer
  • Options
    Marcus 'My name is Marcus' Bent.

Never seen a player so determind to come off the field 'injured'.

Shamefully lazy, overpaid tosspot.