Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

players we should of tried heaven and earth to keep

sam sodje.his career seems to of gone down the toilet since reading got him back.jason euell never understood why curbs let him disapear.he gave it his all

Comments

• Options
    Agree with the two above - Euell threw a strop at the ManUre game and got into Curbs' black book and that was it - we all know Curbs' management approach - once you challenge him you are out.. Konch, Greg Shields, and a few others are living examples of this pigheadness...
  • Options
    i never rated konch.for every great tackle or goal he scores he loses concentration and costs his team a goal in the next game.unreliable
  • Options
    Danny Murphy...
  • Options
    We should have kept. Parker ;-0
  • Options
    Chris Perry is one that comes to mind.
  • Options
    i think murphy wanted out no matter what curbs tried to do
  • Options
    Andy Reid IMO one of the most talented players I've witnessed in my 32 years as an Addick
  • Options
    perry was a great servant.never let us down.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Parker

But to be fair we tried but he wanted to go
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Officer Dibble[/cite]i think murphy wanted out no matter what curbs tried to do
    No tha twas not my recollection - Curbs froze him out from mid December onwards so he left in the Jan transfer window - was a bit of a power struggle in the dressing room, rumours had it..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely Andy Reid. I thought at the time that was the turning point in our intent?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parker

I just wonder if we had said 'No' and let him rot in the stiffs for a couple of weeks he would have stayed until the end of that season at least. We might have qualified for Europe and HE would have palyed for England.
  • Options
    Claus Jensen.
    Know he didn't do much when he left but he did give us that touch of class.Strange move to Fulham if you ask me.
    Might of also seen a better Rommedahl if Jensen had stayed,considering it was he that recommended us to bambi in the first place...... then duely F**ed off a couple of days after he had signed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Chris Perry is one that comes to mind.

worst thing about letting perry go is we wouldn't even have had to do much to keep him. he was on sky sports news a bit after we let him go saying how tough it was to find a club.

[cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Claus Jensen.

definitely!
  • Options
    Dean Kiely
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parker

But to be fair we tried but he wanted to go[/quote]

I just wonder if we had said 'No' and let him rot in the stiffs for a couple of weeks he would have stayed until the end of that season at least. We might have qualified for Europe and HE would have palyed for England.[/quote]

He HAD played for england. he was in the squad and had made his debut, and whats more when he left i think we were actually above chelsea in the table. as soon as he left he was out of the england squad again for ages and stuck playing out on the right where ranieri put him. he actually actively reduced his chances of playing for england by leaving us, anyone could see at the time the attention he was getting for being a class above at somebody like us was far more than he would ever get playing alongside world cup winners etc at chelski. hes a greedy b*stard simple as, there is one reason why he left us then, and that is £££
  • Options
    So the boss at a rival firm offers to triple your wages-?

I do agree about Parker- his sale was the turning point- and i don't think in retrospect he'd say he did the right thing- but he went with the money despite all our attempts to keep him- And with hindsight- i can't blame him...

Others- Neil Heaney- Mark Robson (player) Chris Perry..
  • Options
    Both Claus & Deano are 'Big Football Brains', I'd like to see both of them brought back in some role as their careers wane?
  • Options
    Definitely - DEFINITELY - agree with Jason Euell. The man never shirked his repsonsibilities with us - played his nuts off every game until Curbishley f***ed him off after the manyoo game. Also think we should have made an attempt to kepp Chris Perry. Other than that, players either wanted to go, or were shit by the time they lefvt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nelsenout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parker

I just wonder if we had said 'No' and let him rot in the stiffs for a couple of weeks he would have stayed until the end of that season at least. We might have qualified for Europe and HE would have palyed for England.

He HAD played for england. he was in the squad and had made his debut, and whats more when he left i think we were actually above chelsea in the table. as soon as he left he was out of the england squad again for ages and stuck playing out on the right where ranieri put him. he actually actively reduced his chances of playing for england by leaving us, anyone could see at the time the attention he was getting for being a class above at somebody like us was far more than he would ever get playing alongside world cup winners etc at chelski. hes a greedy b*stard simple as, there is one reason why he left us then, and that is £££

He'd have played for England at the European finalsof he'd stayed. Sure money was an issue. I think Abramovich might have bought him to unsettle us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    perry undoubtedly, and i always thought greg shields was a tidy rightback for us, i recall him scoring a belter at home...cant remember who against mind, but it was a belter in a 3-0victory...any helpers?really rated stefan anderson too, what happened with that one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Definitely Andy Reid. I thought at the time that was the turning point in our intent?

Ditto. Our promotion hopes died the day he left.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parker

But to be fair we tried but he wanted to go[/quote]

We tried to get the best price for him, nothing more..
  • Options
    I think Shields goal was against Forest. I was working in Dunfermline a few weeks ago and apparently he's back there and still playing well.
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited March 2009
    The names in this thread are depressing to say the least.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Chris Perry is one that comes to mind.

Totally agree with that and Chrissy Powell the first time. Physically put my head on the table the day I found out they had been released and had thoughts of impending doom.

The amount of last ditch perfectly timed tackles that Chris Perry put in for a fella not particularly tall his timing, positioning and tackling used to impress me constantly. Then again he could do no wrong in my eyes. One of those players I'll always remember fondly.
  • Options
    the 3 that really rankle with me are Parker, Murphy & Reid.............esp the last 2 as they were the closest to deadline day as you could get.

with Murphey & Reid we should have simply said NO and at 00.01 on Feb 1st there would be nothing they or the buying clubs could have done. Reid didn't ask for a transfer and I don't think Murphy did either, so why sell them ??.

those 2 would not have sulked and would soon put it behind hem - hey could have always left in he summer when we had time to find replacements.......but then that is false economy as you have to find replacements which by definition will not be as good - we still really haven't replaced reidy 15 months on.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr............we have lost 3 of the best midfielders we could reasonably expect to have play for us in a matter o 5 years and i is no surprise i has co-incided with our demise.

Let it be a lesson to us............sell bailey & racon at our peril.