Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

players unfairly under rated who did a great job for us

gordon watson paul williams david whyte colin pates joe mclaughlin.i think they would of got in any charlton team from any era

Comments

• Options
    neil heaney ;0)
  • Options
    Greg Shields
  • Options
    Kishishev
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Kishishev

He was on his last legs - went to Leicester and the rest is history..............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]

He was on his last legs - went to Leicester and the rest is history..............

True but what has that fact to do with the thread title?
  • Options
    Joe McLaughlin did his best but don't think he'd get near a decent Charlton side whereas Colin Pates would. Paul Williams was never under rated...he was excellent whereas I felt Gordon Watson was a bit over rated (he was ok but probably stood out because he was home grown and was playing in a poor team). David Whyte is the kind of natural goalscorer we needed this season....but he probably wouldn't have got a game because he didn't work hard enough!

Bartlett and Kishishev are examples of players who did a good job for us but were under-rated by a fair few supporters (but definitely not by the management). Both were superb pros. John Humphrey must have been under-rated by other managers because he was easily good enough to play for a stronger club than Charlton. He could just have easily had a long career at somewhere like Villa, Southampton or Spurs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]

True but what has that fact to do with the thread title?

Teach me not to fire off a quck response - was thinking that thi swas another thread sorry :(
  • Options
    kish .
  • Options
    Kish
  • Options
    Mark bowen, Mark Bright, John Salako,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Josh Wright
  • Options
    Fiiiisssssshhhhhhhh
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Radostan Kishishev, I loved the guy. Always hated those around me giving him a bollocking. Always gave his best and applauded us when we chanted his name last year whilst he was warming up as a sub for the foxes! Top man.
    Also agree with Mark Bright too.
  • Options
    Keith Jones
  • Options
    agreed. Keith Jones was brilliant for us. A fantastic buy for Alan C! mmmmmmmmmmmmm Alan C!!!
  • Options
    there's only one

Stevie Brown won't let you down
  • Options
    Keith Jones - certainly

Mark Bowen- I know he only did one season, but possibly the only player who I never saw have a bad game
  • Options
    Keith Jones and Mark Bowen
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Josh Wright

and Jonjo Shelvey if Laura Angel's askin ;o)
  • Options
    Kish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keith Jones and Kish, definitely.

At the risk of getting ridiculed, Alan Pardew?????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bangkokaddick[/cite]Keith Jones and Kish, definitely.

At the risk of getting ridiculed, Alan Pardew?????

Pardew did a decent job as a PLAYER but I wouldn't say he was underrated "Al, Al, Super Al super Alan Pardew" etc.

Kish and Keith Jones never had any of that.
  • Options
    Shields, Youlds and an honourable mention to Smertin
  • Options
    Keith Jones
    Graham Stuart
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Keith Jones
    Graham Stuart

Don't be modest.

28 goals in 100 odd games wasn't bad :-)
  • Options
    I would not mind that pair in the middle of the park for us at the mo Len. IMO Graham Stuart was one of Curbs best signings.
  • Options
    Pringle - ok maybe not a great job and wasn't very talented but would bust a gut for the team. i'd take him now for sure
  • Options
    Semedo
  • Options
    George Shipley
    Steve Gatting
    Tommy Caton
    Keith Jones
    Mark Bowen
    Anthony Barness
  • Options
    barness was hopeless.thought my mate was taking the piss when he said chelsea were takin him