Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Downer about next year..Hang on maybe the clouds are clearing... Treble anyone..

All League One and Two games play on international weekends so will miss quite a few 'Big' Internationals we wont have enough left in our squad to get our games called off, so wont expect any big crowds if England are playing and its a choice between the two. Just hope we arrange early kick offs if and when this happens, down the Valley for another 3 points on our march to the title then in the pub straight after to watch England.. Th Joys of lower league football, hate me but im starting to get excited now, we could do the treble next year, League Title, LDV Vans and the Johnstone Paint trophy.. Fa Cup nice 3rd round home game v United or Chelska would be great League cup not botherd. All in all come on League One!!

0,,10794~3776910,00.gif

007.jpg

0,,10439~3279184,00.jpg

Comments

• Options
    vintage adam... crackers!!
  • Options
    Ha ha ha Love the optimism Adam!
  • Options
    Isn't Johnstone Paint the "new" LDV Van?

In other words it is the same competition I think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Isn't Johnstone Paint the "new" LDV Van?

not sure mate, could be right weve never been in either so i could have got it wrong was spent to many years of dreaming of UEFA cup footie ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Isn't Johnstone Paint the "new" LDV Van?

That's what I thought too, Len, but may be wrong as I really don't know much about park football... :-(
  • Options
    it's the same competition. i'm well up for winning it though! it's a definite silver lining for me.
  • Options
    The Associate Members Cup

1983-84 - AFC Bournemouth 2 Hull City 1

The Freight Rover Trophy

1984-85 - Wigan Athletic 3 Brentford 1
    1985-86 - Bristol City 3 Bolton Wanderers 0
    1986-87 - Mansfield Town 1 Bristol City 1 (Mansfield Town won 4-3 on penalties)

Sherpa Vans Trophy

1987-88 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Burnley 0
    1988-89 - Bolton Wanderers 4 Torquay United 1

Leyland DAF Cup

1989-90 - Tranmere Rovers 2 Bristol Rovers 1
    1990-91 - Birmingham City 3 Tranmere Rovers 2

Autoglass Trophy

1991-92 - Stoke City 1 Stockport County 0
    1992-93 - Port Vale 2 Stockport County 1
    1993-94 - Swansea City 1 Huddersfield Town 1 (Swansea City won 3-1 on penalties)

Autowindscreens Shield

1994-95 - Birmingham City 1 Carlisle United 0 (aet on Golden Goal)
    1995-96 - Rotherham United 2 Shrewsbury Town 1
    1996-97 - Carlisle United 0 Colchester United 0 (Carlisle United won 4-3 on penalties)
    1997-98 - Grimsby Town 2 AFC Bournemouth 1 (aet on Golden Goal)
    1998-99 - Wigan Athletic 1 Millwall 0
    1999-00 - Stoke City 2 Bristol City 1

LDV Vans Trophy

2000-01 - Port Vale 2 Brentford 1
    2001-02 - Blackpool 4 Cambridge United 1
    2002-03 - Bristol City 2 Carlisle United 0
    2003-04 - Blackpool 2 Southend United 0
    2004-05 - Wrexham 2 Southend United 0

Football League Trophy

2005-06 - Swansea City 2 Carlisle United 1

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

2006-07 - Doncaster Rovers 3 Bristol Rovers 2 (aet, 2-2 after 90 minutes)
    2007-08 - Milton Keynes Dons 2 Grimsby Town 0
  • Options
    coming back from Reading the other week "the car" was debating the fact that next season we could be out of all Cup competitions before bonfire night
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]coming back from Reading the other week "the car" was debating the fact that next season we could be out of all Cup competitions before bonfire night

aint it great being Charlton.. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]coming back from Reading the other week "the car" was debating the fact that next season we could be out of all Cup competitions before bonfire night

Could definitely happen.

We won't win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Knocked out in the Southern Section First Round.

FA Cup we'll end up being drawn away to some village team and their part time centre back/builder will score the winner heading in a corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LOL, i love you. You crack me up !!
  • Options
    the shame at getting knocked out of the FA Cup at home to Exeter or Yeovil in the 3rd Round will pale into insignificance when we go out in the 1st Round at home to Vauxhall Motors or Worksop Colliery.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]the shame at getting knocked out of the FA Cup at home to Exeter or Yeovil in the 3rd Round will pale into insignificance when we go out in the 1st Round at home to Vauxhall Motors or Worksop Colliery

But we wont... hopefully we will have a manager who has the nous and balls to get us through games like that.
  • Options
    I hadn't noticed before but the Associate Members Cup has never come to London. 2010 could be the year.
  • Options
    Someone has to win it, why not us...
  • Options
    LOL I've heard that before BFR! P'raps we will, p'raps we will...
  • Options
    The Associate Members Cup is the lower league equivalent of the Full Members Cup!

Could be a laugh, they divide it in to north and south so there's a potential local match against the likes of Barnet or Brentford!
  • Options
    What do you reckon the crowds will be for a Johnstones Paint trophy game?

Prices will have to be ridiculously small i.e £5 for me to think about going
  • Options
    Oh god.

Talking about the LDV vans trophy is bringing home the depressing reality of the situation!

The thing is, we have absolutely no idea what our team will be like next year...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]What do you reckon the crowds will be for a Johnstones Paint trophy game?

Notts Forrest had a crowd of 2k at home and Man City around 4k I think. Both those clubs have far bigger support than us!

It all depends who we draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring it on.....

Charlton of old in a big old stadium, oh hang on thats the same......

we need a couple of nutcases to strenthen us through the middle, all the fans who arent proper charlton will be gone....

its all about the start guys... a decent first four games and we could be on for one....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]What do you reckon the crowds will be for a Johnstones Paint trophy game?

Notts Forrest had a crowd of 2k at home and Man City around 4k I think. Both those clubs have far bigger support than us!

It all depends who we draw.

For those fixtures, couldn't we play at Sparrows Lane ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]What do you reckon the crowds will be for a Johnstones Paint trophy game?

Prices will have to be ridiculously small i.e £5 for me to think about going[/quote]

It all depends who we draw.[/quote]

For those fixtures, couldn't we play at Sparrows Lane ....?

;o)[/quote]

or welling...