Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Soares....

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
Gone back to Stoke - main site news banner....

Comments

• Options
    Good-he's not going to sign for us and we need to start planning for next season. Ditto the other loanees, if there's no chance of them joining permanently*, send them back.

*Other than Ward because we don't have any centre halves.
  • Options
    I'm loving Ward. Proper old skool centre half. Can't actually recall him kicking a ball yet as he leaves that to the fairies further up the park! and he's an absolute monster in the air. Would love to sign him for next season but I fear there's more chance of Parky buggering off than signing big DW.
  • Options
    Two words. Inevitable - and welcome.
  • Options
    What HandG said.
  • Options
    Ward has lived in South London and it doesn't look like he's wanted at Wolves so could be available for transfer.

Could we afford a fee and his wages? Doubtful but one more reason to renew my season tickets is that we just might.

Liked Soares. Only a shame he could have had more of an impact. Another one I can see being available to a CCC club.

Kandol and Butterfield? Wouldn't be surprised to see both here again next season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Kandol and Butterfield? Wouldn't be surprised to see both here again next season.

joey_crying.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Kandol and Butterfield? Wouldn't be surprised to see both here again next season.

yep they are bad enough , sign em up ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Ward has lived in South London and it doesn't look like he's wanted at Wolves so could be available for transfer.

Could we afford a fee and his wages? Doubtful but one more reason to renew my season tickets is that we just might.

Liked Soares. Only a shame he could have had more of an impact. Another one I can see being available to a CCC club.

Kandol and Butterfield? Wouldn't be surprised to see both here again next season.

If somebody teaches him the offside rule over the summer then Kandol would be good.

I wouldn't say no to Ward either but Butterfield can go back to Palace as far as I'm concerned!
  • Options
    And I wouldn't be surprised to see Murty back either but only if Parkinsella is still here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]And I wouldn't be surprised to see Murty back either but only if Parkinsella is still here

I'd be happy with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    now that the bell is ringing would there be any harm in releasing all loanees and start bedding the youth in for the remainder. I include Ward,Kandol,Buttercup
  • Options
    I forgot earlier to add thanks to Soares.

He was fairly ineffectual, TBH, but he seemed an honest, committed professional. Sadly, if Stoke stay up, can't see him having any future as a Prem player on the strength of what he showed us.
  • Options
    Thank for you very much Tom for all your hard work.
  • Options
    Agree we should do everything possible to sign Ward permanently. If Hudson was to go that would presumably free up a fair chunk of the wage bill?

Also agree, send Butterfield back to Palace ASAP...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]now that the bell is ringing would there be any harm in releasing all loanees and start bedding the youth in for the remainder. I include Ward,Kandol,Buttercup

We don't have a fit centre half to replace Ward at the moment and if there is a possibility as Henry suggests of Ward or Kandol becoming permanent then it makes sense to keep them.

I don't rate Butterfield and would rather see us blood Solly, assuming Moo2 is definitely persona non grata and on his way.
  • Options
    mambo number 5 if ward wants to sign then keep him but push him for his intentions now if not let them go put holland at ch if there is no other choice whats the worst that could happen
  • Options
    Butterfield, Solly or Miller?

Solly and Miller for me but can we afford him

8 defenders

8 midfielders

2 keepers

4 Attackers

That's 22 players plus some academy kids like Mambo

Elliot and the guy from Thurrock in between the sticks

Solly, Clark, Basey, Hudson, Semedo, Youga, (Fortune??) (Ward??) at the back

Toks, Wright, Jon Jo, Bailey, Racon, Spring, Staveniou and Sam in the Middle

McLeod, Burton, Dickson and Kandol up front.

Well, doing that has cheered me right up. : - (
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    McLeod, Burton, Dickson and Kandol up front.

Well, doing that has cheered me right up. : - (

Me too - particulalry that prolific forward line...
  • Options
    Do you reckon Hudson will stay then, Henry?

As a big wage earner (allegedly), I thought he'd be one of the first contracted players we'll be seeking offers for.

Like the mid-field in your squad and would add the name of Holland to it. Shame about the defence (unless we can remove the question marks alongside the names of Fortune and Ward) and an even bigger shame about that free-scoring forward line!

Personally I reckon there will be quite a few new names - whoever is manager - that we can't even begin to guess at yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Do you reckon Hudson will stay then, Henry?

As a big wage earner (allegedly), I thought he'd be one of the first contracted players we'll be seeking offers for.

Like the mid-field in your squad and would add the name of Holland to it. Shame about the defence (unless we can remove the question marks alongside the names of Fortune and Ward) and an even bigger shame about that free-scoring forward line!

Personally I reckon there will be quite a few new names - whoever is manager - that we can't even begin to guess at yet.

Don't believe ever thing you hear about players wages. Gray is the one still in contract we need to move on.

Fortune is out of contract so will depend on who wants him. Ward might require a fee. Even in League 1 we may still be more of a draw than some CCC clubs and be able to afford better wages (if we get a big ST renewal)

Not sure about Holland. He's getting on and while he might take a pay cut we do have a lot of decent mid fielders (assuming we keep those named about which is by no means guaranteed IMHO). Keeping both Bailey and Racon will be a huge boost. Racon must be starting to attract interest and Bailey's goals will mean that everyone in the CCC has noticed him.

That forward line has it all. Pace in Dickson and McLeod, Height and power in Kandol and McLeod and even Dickson, a bit of guile in Burton and some tricks from Dickson. The only, very minor, problem I can see is scoring goals but you can't have everything ; - ) And I didn't include my best mate Stuart Fleetwood.

And there are always some loans. And before you all shoot me down one or two season long loans could really boost the squad. Ward might be one and I would love to have Waghorn back. There will be other kids at prem clubs who could come in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I heard that Ward is playing for a contract with us, and that we were offered him as part of the Iwelumo deal, but Pardew didn't want him.