Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal Ban St George Flags

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I hope they get Rangers/Celtic in the Champions League (or UEFA Cup) next year and try and take their Union/Irish flag's off of those boys.

Now that, I would pay to watch.

I can see why they would just say no to any national flags, that way there is no grey area, and its easier for them to steward/police than to argue with people on the spot about the relative rights or wrongs of whatever flag they want to fly, but if they were told to take the St George down because "It's racist", then thats wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]I hope they get Rangers/Celtic in the Champions League (or UEFA Cup) next year and try and take their Union/Irish flag's off of those boys.

I can see why they would just say no to any national flags, that way there is no grey area, and its easier for them to steward/police than to argue with people on the spot about the relative rights or wrongs of whatever flag they want to fly, but if they were told to take the St George down because "It's racist", then thats wrong.

Agree. Stupid thing to say and a silly rule but at least it is consistent.

PS you'd pay to see Arsenal V Celtic?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]

Agree. Stupid thing to say and a silly rule but at least it is consistent.

PS you'd pay to see Arsenal V Celtic?

Far too much of a plastic love in for me :-)
  • Options
    Saw Sammy Nelson's testimonial at Highbury back in the 80s. Celtic filled the clock end and more for a midweek testimonials (Celtic don't play friendlies). Nothing plastic there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Saw Sammy Nelson's testimonial at Highbury back in the 80s. Celtic filled the clock end and more for a midweek testimonials (Celtic don't play friendlies). Nothing plastic there.

My brother (gooner) was at that one.
  • Options
    always a grey area with me re Arsenal --------------------------------------- please explain how its right to ban the flag of the country when two groups of none nationals have a tif ?

and if we think its only Arsenal then some of us havnt forgotten the scum bag stewards who made the late Duncan Frames daughter take her George Cross flag down the game after he was murdered. It had "RIP Dad" written across it.
  • Options
    Anyone emailed Arsenal yet to challange this ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]always a grey area with me re Arsenal
    please explain how its right to ban the flag of the country when two groups of none nationals have a tif ?

and if we think its only Arsenal then some of us havnt forgotten the scum bag stewards who made the late Duncan Frames daughter take her George Cross flag down the game after he was murdered. It had "RIP Dad" written across it.

Dont agree with their ban at all, but understand why they have taken a strict policy on any national flags, for their own benefit, think its daft, but can understand the policing & stewarding decision behind it.
  • Options
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i blame your bro -------- Arsenal in the blood !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i blame your bro
    Arsenal in the blood !

Thats why we sent him to Australia ;-)