Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright loaned to Gillingham

edited March 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33998

Rest of season, extended if they reach the playoffs.

Good for him to get more experience, would have liked it to be in League One to see how he does at that level, but better than him playing in the reserves.

Just too much competition here at the moment, might have a big part to play if he's still here next season.

Comments

• Options
    Expect a few more to go before the deadline
  • Options
    as long as Wright eventually comes back and gets a new contract. Gonna be a player imo. Could lose him for peanuts to a Championship team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Expect a few more to go before the deadline

any chance Burton could be loaned out. Gone from being a player Parky had tracked for ages to a non-playing subsitute.
  • Options
    Jesus why have we let him go, this is an outrage!!
    why have we not played him more??
    We should be blooding our younger players ourselves!!
    We need to see what he can do him and dicko are our main players next year without doubt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Jesus why have we let him go, this is an outrage!!
    why have we not played him more??
    We should be blooding our younger players ourselves!!
    We need to see what he can do him and dicko are our main players next year without doubt

well, I'd play centre mid for the remainder of the campaign alongside Racon or Bailey. It might be advantageous for Josh to play some serious comptitive footie as long as we don't let him walk at the end of the season. That would be an outrage.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Expect a few more to go before the deadline

Any idea who?
  • Options
    Hope that he helps the Gills to play-offs and promotion.

It would be great to play them again in the League - first time in 30 years, I would guess?
  • Options
    Good experience for him, shame its not a League 1 club but you can only go where you have the offer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Good experience for him, shame its not a League 1 club but you can only go where you have the offer.

He's just desperate to be playing. And the Jills are handy enough.

Can't help thinking he's blotted his copybook behind the scenes here.

Hope I'm wrong. He's spirited enough - he might have spoken out of turn, but the energy of that attitude just needs harnessing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]Hope that he helps the Gills to play-offs and promotion.

It would be great to play them again in the League - first time in 30 years, I would guess?

That would be the worst possible scenario I can think of. Helping Scally and his scummy crowd play on the same level as us. God, what next!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't he out of contract at the end of the year?

I would presume he will be off, shame as I thought he looked a good prospect but we do have an entire squad of midfield players, he would deff be atleast 5/6 on that list and thus surplus to requirements.
  • Options
    Yeah he is. I'm not sure what will happen, it's possible that Holland, Bailey, Racon, Zheng and Ambrose are all going, not to mention possibly Yussuff and Arter, so he might have a chance of playing more often.

Then again we might hang onto Racon and Bailey, and give Holland, Yussuff and Arter new deals so the level of competition might still be there.

Obviously Spring will be staying if Parkinson is still here because he's a new signing.