Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - one dayer- England v W Indies

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pietersen's article in the Mail was pretty mealy-mouthed about Flower? If I had a say Flower would be out & KP brought back as ODI captain. Then again, if I had my way, Parkinson would be shouting 'Big Issue'.
  • Options
    Will everyone please stop having a go at our cricketers!
    They have to put up with first class travel and accomodation all over the world
    during the winter months that we luckily get to spend in the UK.
    They get paid for doing what they like doing, even if they are not very good at it.
    They went to the WI's simply for a warm up against the Aussies this summer. They used the time wisely, honing skills and generally finding the type of form that is going to make Qantas Flight QA3456 turn round and go straight back to Sydney in June.
    They knew they could beat the WI's so they let them win just to make sure they still came over in May to England so England could warm up against them again.
    Our fine team do not moan, whinge or make excuses. They work hard and learn from each others mistakes.
    Please leave them alone or they will just stop trying!
  • Options
    I agree Chirps,
    The poor buggers getting paid to basically live in sunshine all year round.
    Then, pretending that we're s*=t so as the convicts will be over confident in the summer.
    People who slag off OUR cricketers don't know they're born.
  • Options
    And that Kevin Pietersen - what a fine, considerate, thoughtful human being, always putting the team and his colleagues before his own personal interest.

And now he's so exhausted after helping us not win in the Caribbean that he's almost too tired to go and collect his million from the IPL. Almost - but not quite.
  • Options
    But Nigel,
    he has got a bad back from picking up all that money.
    Do you think he'll be fit for the IPL in his homeland, or will he be homesick again ?
  • Options
    I am pleased for Andrew Strauss for the win last night. He is the only one who will come home with any credit IMO.
    The old D&L failed last night. It is usually a very good system but to set 130 odd in 20 overs with 10 wickets was far too loaded towards England.
  • Options
    shot of the day went to dwayne bravo when he lost his bat and still got a 6 and it landed near naser hussian who made the 6 sign.. would love the ecb to offer somthing to Naz or sir Beefy as they have done nothing but tell us what is wrong with the england team for the last 5 years so get them and say there you go see what you can do.. they would need to match the cushty sky wages but Nasser was so emotional i would love to see him have a go.

_40191759_hussain_gi300x300.jpg
  • Options
    You're right, Chirpy. Our win was a little lucky because D&L wasn't fair at all. If the Windies had thought they had been playing a 20-20 game when they batted , you know they would have set us considerably more than 130...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I am pleased for Andrew Strauss for the win last night. He is the only one who will come home with any credit IMO.
    The old D&L failed last night. It is usually a very good system but to set 130 odd in 20 overs with 10 wickets was far too loaded towards England.

The Windies had the benefit of batting first and facing a full 50 overs, England did pretty well to restrict them despite Bravo tonking a quick 60 at the end, even so England had to score at a faster run-rate than the Windies had over the full course of their innings and the target was about right. DL is about producing a fair target, not giving the team that bats second something either ridicilusly easy or difficult. In all the spectators who endured several rain delays got to see some good cricket and Strauss batted very well.
  • Options
    I'm with Chirpy on this one, BFR. As I said above, had the West Indies batted for 20 overs not 50, they would have set England a far higher target than 130 - probably in excess of 160.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    test cricket will always be my favourite but just got tickets for the twenty20 world cup warm up matches at lords on june 3rd.
    south africa v sri lanka then england v windies £20 for the day. even less for family stand.

quite fancied the (not so) friendly india v pakistan on the same day at the oval but that has sold out.
  • Options
    Duckworth Lewis is a good system IMO, however like everthing it is not falable. Last night was one of the few occasions it was exposed.
  • Options
    Adam quote- 'would love the ecb to offer somthing to Naz or sir Beefy as they have done nothing but tell us what is wrong with the england team for the last 5 years so get them and say there you go see what you can do..'

Can we add Boycott to that list?