Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Mizzen verdict

2»

Comments

• DA9DA9
    edited March 2009
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Without doubt he is a nutter and deserves a long prison sentence but I think a minimum of 14 years is a long time. Still think that when he threw the glass plate he could not have thought that it was an action intending to kill.

Pains me to say it, But I agree, I have no doubt he was given the full amount possible under current sentencing guidelines for judges, until the law changes, what else could the judge have done?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Not how the BBC are reporting it GH:

The court heard that Jimmy and Fahri had been rowing in the bakery when Fahri grabbed an advertising sign that was lying nearby, prompting a "tug-of-war" battle.

In an attempt to get Jimmy to let go, Fahri picked up the nearby oven-proof glass dish and flung it at his victim. The dish shattered, and a piece lodged in Jimmy's neck, cutting an artery and his jugular vein.

The court heard that Fahri swaggered from the bakery after the killing and witnesses described a triumphant grin on his face.

Either way - its a minimum 14 and may be longer.

Note the words used, minimum of 14 years, doesnt mean he wont serve longer under the Home Secretaries orders (in 14 years time), look at the Krays, were they not sentenced to minimums of, and did loads more on Home Office instructions?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I accept your point Large but I think the law has to make a distinction between premeditation and an action that results in a death.

wasn't it premeditated ? He went back into the Bakery to do him harm and he succeeded. That is premeditated. Whether he intended to kill doesn't matter to me, he intended to hurt him and did. A consequence of say hitting someone over the head with a brick is that they could die. You may only intend to hurt them but at the same time you know that it could kill them. I'd lock him up forever, scumbag.

And that is why Lee Hughes will get stick from me on 18th April. Another scumbag.

In courts of law, whether or not you intended to kill is important, whether that matters to you or not, with respect is irrelevant, and makes a huge difference in sentencing and how the judge sets out the whole thing.
    The guy is obviosuly scum, and intended to do harm, but I dont beleive he intended to kill.
    Look back a few years, Fulham fan dies outside Gillingham's ground, punched, falls back, hits head and dies, tragic, but can you honestly say that the guy who punched him intended to kill him, of course you cant.
    I have been in many fights at football, and paid the price personally, and so did my family, , thats why I dont do it anymore, there, but for the grace of god, go you and I.
  • edited April 2009
    The father of Jimmy on Talksport now.

2nd April, 10:35am.
  • What a terrific man, and his family.
    He seems so sencible its unnerving.
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]What a terrific man, and his family.
    He seems so sencible its unnerving.

Heard him on GLR. Felt the same.

Good to see him and the knox family at Charlton yesterday with Boris Johnson.
  • DA9,

wise words.
  • Mr & Mrs Mizzen were on 5Live the other day along with one of their sons. I feel total admiration and respect for how they've gone about things and carried themselves since their son's death. I even tried to imagine myself in the same position but as soon as I did I had to stop as it made my stomach cartwheel, the thought of that happening to one of my kids is just too much.

But after a while, being told how they'd managed to forgive, that hatred is futile, inner strength and all that, and that we could all do with learning something from them, started to grate on me. I don't think it was their fault, more the fault of the presenter (Fiona Phillips?) who let it all go on way too long and just sucked up. They were on there for a very long time, way longer than many other interviews, and it was constant.

That will sound very harsh and no doubt will get some strong comment but that's how it made me feel.
  • Good catholic people, their faith makes them strong.

Light the blue touch paper....
  • also before anyone starts that was a little jokette to irritate some! :-0

the mizens are an inspiration to us, as also are the Knox family. If both families can help out of their tragedies then more power to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]also before anyone starts that was a little jokette to irritate some! :-0

the mizens are an inspiration to us, as also are the Knox family. If both families can help out of their tragedies then more power to them.

I just came back from a week in the UK and was there during the sentencing of Jimmy's killer. Coming from the same area I know a lot of his friends and my parents know his parents as well so its all pretty close to home.

I must admit that when I was on the good old train home from Charing Cross and reading all the tributes to Jimmy in the paper on the day of sentencing I got really, really choked up thinking how I would feel if he were my own son, I just could not even let myself think about it.

All the hours you put in to loving and nurturing a child and having someone who you just love with every single fibre of your being and then having that torn away and being sentenced to a lifetime of grief by such a despicable act is just so, so hard to comprehend, I just can't do it.

Whether you are religious or not, and I am not, his parents are an inspiration to us all and, quite frankly, make me feel very humble indeed because there is no way on earth I could be as forgiving even if someone so much as touched a hair on my childrens' heads let alone cope with what happened to Jimmy.

RIP Jimmy - his family's dignity will stay with me forever.
  • How good was the song by his brother on Talksport today, How the heck they are so level headed and cool about it, i will never know.

the one thing about it all that sruck me was i was once told by someone who had similar personal tragedy that you can not move on if you dont forgive and i found it a hard thing to understand as unfortunatly for them they were unable to forgive and to this day live and endure their situation, they lost their child and also the rest of their lives with anger, hatred and guilt

which is as hard for them to deal with, as i would say losing their son was

Thankfully a victim of senseless murder is not letting their lives be finished and have found the inner resolve and strengh to forgive and move along but never forget.

it was truely a fantastic and humbling Radio show which was handeled superbly and accuratly