Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum meeting Thursday 2nd April 2009

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm so it seems.
  • Options
    Late in the day I realise but then "selling the crown jewels" has only emerged recently.

Maybe the Forum in the longer term should consider the merits of a Supporters Trust but perhaps in the meantime run the idea as a principle by the directors?

If they are dead set against then it may not be worth pursuing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Late in the day I realise but then "selling the crown jewels" has only emerged recently.

Maybe the Forum in the longer term should consider the merits of a Supporters Trust but perhaps in the meantime run the idea as a principle by the directors?

I'm in favour of a supporters trust but I don't think it is something for the directors to say yes or no to.

Great if they do support its setting up. the forum would be a good basis to build on.

You can be treasurer Len : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Late in the day I realise but then "selling the crown jewels" has only emerged recently.

I'm in favour of a supporters trust but I don't think it is something for the directors to say yes or no to.

Great if they do support its setting up. the forum would be a good basis to build on.

You can be treasurer Len : - )

The reason I suggest canvassing the directors is that some of the more effective Supporters Trusts (Lincoln City, Notts County are two I've read about) hold equity in the Club.

My suggestion on the other thread about a Supporters or the Community Trust taking over assets if enough money could be raised would also need the agreement of directors.

Incidentally I would be a hopeless Treasurer. As was pointed out yesterday I'm not even clever enough to know the difference between Capital Gains Tax and Corporation Tax on chargeable gains from the sale of business assets.
  • Options
    You're sacked then : - )

At present a lot of us have equity in the club so that could be brought together under the Trust.

Just need a a group of fans to drive it forward. If sold to the club as a positive then I think they would be interested. Not sure if a Zebeel would but so what.
  • Options
    Glyn Jones, who runs the mailing list, has been trying to get a Supporters Trust going for ages. I am ashamed to say that for several years i didnt think it was needed, and I also sold my shares because i was confident the Club was in good safe hands......

Anyway, here is Glyn's email address: gtj@addicks.org
  • Options
    What news from the Forum camp ?
  • Options
    Under company law, the sale of the so called crown jewels has to go through a thorough and professional independent valuation, otherwise the directors could be liable as they would be breaking the law if they bought assets at less than the current market valuation. You will have to take our word for it, but it all sounded like it was geared to helping the club through a very difficult financial period and was to the benefit of the club, not the directors.....in fact the monies were lodged a month ago on an unsecured basis.....that is what you call trust.

Izale McLeod......Millwall are paying the majority of his wages and will also pay us a bonus if they get to the play offs regardless of if he plays for them or not.

We will of course update you with full minutes once we have them compiled......

More later
  • Options
    thanks Tel
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmm

"Charlton Athletic Share Holders Trust Organizational Management Executive"

"CASH TO ME"

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The club are in the process of drastically reducing their costs in line with reduced income, the directors have put in another considerable amount of money, the corporate sponsors are beginning to sign up and stay the journey and now we need all fans to play their part in the process of our fight back

We have done it before so let us do it again...we need as many people as possible to put the dissapointment of the last three seasons behind us and start to simply support the club again..

Best way to do that is for as many of us as possible to dig deep and buy what is in my opinion a very good value season ticket and get behind the shirt once again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]The club are in the process of drastically reducing their costs in line with reduced income, the directors have put in another considerable amount of money, the corporate sponsors are beginning to sign up and stay the journey and now we need all fans to play their part in the process of our fight back

We have done it before so let us do it again...we need as many people as possible to put the dissapointment of the last three seasons behind us and start to simply support the club again..

Best way to do that is for as many of us as possible to dig deep and buy what is in my opinion a very good value season ticket and get behind the shirt once again.

all well and good BUT Parky being in charge is hindering that. That is one factor that will determone whether people renew or not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]

.....start to simply support the club again.

Let's make that our mantra for next season.