Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Community Club of the Year

So Charlton were named the Community Club of the Year at the 2009 Football League Awards.

Whoopee I am so happy. That really compensates me for this dire season and the impending relegation.

If the club put a bit more effort into playing the game rather than participating all of these do good projects we wouldn't be in such a dire state. Maybe I am wrong but I doubt that the club gets much return from the time, effort or cost of running these hair brained schemes. We might look good to the left wing councillors but I very much doubt that it brings in much revenue and even less PAYING bums on seats!

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2009
    Give it a rest, the community trust is seperate from the football team and should be congratulated on the work they have done and continue to do.

I'm nominating this for "Silly Post of the Season"

Plus there is already a thread on this, add your comments there if you like and see the reaction you get:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=24992
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Billericay Dickie[/cite] Maybe I am wrong

That's the bit I agree with.
  • Options
    "If the club put a bit more effort into playing the game rather than participating all of these do good projects..."

Yep, I reckon we can put two relegations in three seasons purely down to this...