Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old Local bands ?

had to clear out an old sideboard to put down carpet full off old 70 45.s mainly punk with a few old dodgy ones.........also a couple of old local bands

The Monitors Telegram / Compulsory Fun with pic of band when babies Nick Gary Lee Chris 1979 Monitor Records

Morris and the Minors State The Obvious 1979 Robs records with pics of Eltham High st

Did they go on to be superstars or form part of the Covered end choir ?

of course other half come home to find be up in loft trying find record player..with no work done..bollockings all round

Talking of local bands have any over the years gone on to be famous ?

Comments

• Options
    the rolling stones, working with tomatoes
  • Options
    Squeeze didn't do too badly
  • Options
    Kate Bush used to live in Welling
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]had to clear out an old sideboard to put down carpet full off old 70 45.s mainly punk with a few old dodgy ones.........also a couple of old local bands

The Monitors Telegram / Compulsory Fun with pic of band when babies Nick Gary Lee Chris 1979 Monitor Records

Morris and the Minors State The Obvious 1979 Robs records with pics of Eltham High st

Did they go on to be superstars or form part of the Covered end choir ?

of course other half come home to find be up in loft trying find record player..with no work done..bollockings all round

Talking of local bands have any over the years gone on to be famous ?

I used to know the Monitors and Morris and the Minors a little. Chris went to Crown Woods I think but was a few years older than me.

I still see Colin, Neal and Neds from the Strange and Beautiful Things. Neds went on to be in the Marble Staircase and made a few records/played the marquee.

Plays in a covers band called Zoomerator now for which he gets much stick having said in his youth "If I ever end up playing in a covers band in Deptford shoot me!"

Nine Below Zero were local as well.
  • Options
    (Max) Splodge was an Orpington-boy.
    Please Return My Dog were world famous in Deptford.
    Garry (Bushell) & the Gonads- Kidbrooke, Hither Green people.
  • Options
    The Red Lights. They had a single out as well.

Gonads were terrible. Crap drummer : - )
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Some local people played in early 80's bands played at the White Swan in Greenwhich went on to form heavy rock band Thunder.

Luke Morley and Danny Bowes played in Nuthin' Fancy and Terraplane (along with Charlton Supporter Nick Linden)

Harry James played in a band called Moon Tier

Ben Matthews played in White Noize.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]Some local people played in early 80's bands played at the White Swan in Greenwhich went on to form heavy rock band Thunder.

Luke Morley and Danny Dowes played in Nuthin' Fancy and Terraplane (along with Charlton Supporter Nick Linden)

Harry James played in a band called Moon Tier

Ben Matthews played in White Noize.

Nick Linden was also in White Noize
  • Options
    didnt know Terraplane where local as they where in the stack of singles as well..
    looks like its the same set of guys moving around.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[cite]

Nick Linden was also in White Noize

Quite right.

Should've mentioned that too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the white brothers from welling Paul Weller and Oasis..
  • Options
    David Jones went to Ravenswood School.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Conflict! Punk band formed in '81 from Eltham........And before any anorak starts the old "They can't be punk as punk started in '75 and was finished in '77 when The Sex Pistols sold out blah blah blah....." They call themselves Punk.
    Anyway they are still going and very big in continental Europe, espically Germany. Their drummer was in my year at school and the lead singer lives opposite me. Very nice bloke, I got my dog from him. He supports Man Utd.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Conflict! Punk band formed in '81 from Eltham........And before any anorak starts the old "They can't be punk as punk started in '75 and was finished in '77 when The Sex Pistols sold out blah blah blah....."[i]They[/i]call themselves Punk.
    Anyway they are still going and very big in continental Europe, espically Germany. Their drummer was in my year at school and the lead singer lives opposite me. Very nice bloke, I got my dog from him. He supports Man Utd.[/quote]

Didn't know Colin was a "red".
    Send him my regards.
  • Options
    Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band were originally South London boys I believe.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Their drummer was in my year at school and the lead singer lives opposite me. Very nice bloke, I got my dog from him. He supports Man Utd.

lol, what's the dog called .... Fergie?

;o)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band were originally South London boys I believe.

my old mate and mentor Malcom Hardee calimed he was a member of the band,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Their drummer was in my year at school and the lead singer lives opposite me. Very nice bloke, I got my dog from him. He supports Man Utd.

lol, what's the dog called .... Fergie?

;o)

Owen actually.
    The litter were born on the first day of Euro 04. They named the dogs, Becks, Owen, Rooney, Nev etc. Of course Rooney was Everton in those days.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Athlete. Named after Charlton allegedly.
    Japan. Formed at school in Lewisham
  • Options
    St.Eitenne from Charlton apparently.
    & The Blood.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eric clapton and john mayall used to live on burnt ash hill in lee green.

How about Carter USM seen at there local gig at the Venue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]....
    & The Blood.

Preferred their original name which the record plant banned - Coming Blood