Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Comyuter Depboark Yroblems.......

edited April 2009 in Not Sports Related
or Computer Keyboard Problems. As you can tell, there's a problem with the key board: the p and the y, and k and d have transposed themselves. As a lowly driver I'm not supposed to have a computer so can't complain and get a new one! Any way of fixing it? It takes me ages to type anything anyway and this is wearing me out! Thands everpbokp.

Comments

• Options
    you must have switched it to spanish or something?
  • Options
    I was thinking perhaps Welsh?
  • Options
    Tipp-ex.

Simply paint a "P" over the "y"; a "k" over the "d" and vice versa!
  • Options
    Could well be, I'll text me uncle he's good withh computers ;o)
  • Options
    lololol.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but have you tried going to Control Panel, keyboards & resetting it from there?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sorry for delay, had to do some work. Control panel isn't at all obvious to me I'm afraid, mate: IT uneducated! Think I'll go with the typy-ex ikea, sorry, idea. It's only that I was just getting the hang of where the letters are, and now I'll have to re-adust. Terrible, getting old! Thands for the hely folds.
  • Options
    Control Panel should be in the start menu, which is located in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Or if you go to the start menu and choose the option Run, and then type main.cpl keyboard

You'll probably need to go to the Regional and Language Options. This website has a simple explanation.
  • Options
    Sorry here's the link:

http://www.conversationexchange.com/resources/keyboard-language.php

I should add Regional and Language Options is sometimes a seperate icon to Keyboards in control panel
  • Options
    What Colintat said - is what me uncle said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I never! I'll give it a trp (try). Thands Colin (ank Kazzler's uncle).
  • Options
    did it work?
  • Options
    March 51 replies :-

ngfydyrug kst7rsisrg oirt9ie6t964 o8t9et96e
  • Options
    That's easy for you to sap! Sorry everyone, dashing about kelivering motors: will report later.
  • Options
    i think you should just leave as it. its very funny.
  • Options
    Still working. I Shoulk Be So Lucdp (lucdp, lucdp,lucdp). One Dplie's songs!
  • Options
    Finished work but building was locked up so things will have to wait 'til Monday. At home now using Mrs. M's posh lap top thing: much easier but not so much fun!
  • Options
    Sorry, couldn't understand that last sentance.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well, I've had a go at fixing things via the control panel and checked that it's supposed to be doing things in English etc. but there koesn't seem to be anp wap of changing inkivikual deps (keys). So Tpyyex it is! Thands verp much again folds: Come on pou Reks, ank Uy the Akkicds! (Hoye that mades sense MOG)
  • Options
    If you can't be arsed typing properly why should anyone bother to help you???

;-)

Have you tried a new keyboard, very minor water damage can cause things like this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks Stu, but as stated at the start I'm not supposed to have a computer anyway, but I'm on the look-out for a keyboard lying about the place and hopefully that'll solve the yroblem!
  • Options
    Mate try using a Thai keyboard when you have my spelling problems ! its all arsenal to me -- sorry i meant to type bolox.
  • Options
    This might sound daft, but check that your 'NumLk' key hasn't been pressed. If it has it locks some of the letter keys on your keypad as it only recognises numbers.

Just a thought as it happened in our office a while ago.