Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting a counter signature for passport

MCSMCS
edited April 2009 in Not Sports Related
What a pain in the arris that is!! I am going on hols in sept and need to re-new passports for me, Erika and Daisy!! And am struggling to find someone to sign the back!! Anyone else have this trouble as i dont know many old bill/firemen/so on too well so what do you do if you don't, just not get passport!??!

Comments

• Options
    can you not get company directors to sign it as well?
  • Options
    The Dr when Daisy goes for a check-up?
  • Options
    The only company directors i know are my dad and uncle! My old bosses would of done it but that would be weird if i had to go back and ask them to do that after they just made me redundant!!

Stuck from beleveredderedrerdere
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    pretty sure cheeseroll can sign em ollie.
    or yip yap jan, the fat policeman.
  • Options
    GP's tend to charge for it, which is disgraceful IMO.

Teachers can do it Ollie if you know any - that's who we used.
  • Options
    Just changed docs F blockdude and i havnt even met them yet!! Plus i hear they charge!! Just forked out 8 quid for just me an Erikas photos and we still have to go and get some for Daisy at a chemist or something like that!! Plus that to amount 3 passports are going to cost me, add to that i am a job less loser, and Erika finds out if she is also redundant next week, i dont need to cost hassle!!

Dilemas !!!
  • Options
    Here's the full list, if it helps:

Accountant
    Airline Pilots
    Articled clerk of a limited company
    Assurance agent of recognised company
    Bank/building society official
    Barrister
    British Computer Society (BCS) - Professional grades which are Associate (AMBCS), Member (MBCS), Fellow (FBCS) (PN 25/2003)
    Broker
    Chairman/director of limited company
    Chemist
    Chiropodist
    Christian Science practitioner
    Commissioner of oaths
    Councillor: local or county
    Civil servant (permanent)
    Dentist
    Designated Premises Supervisors
    Director/Manager of a VAT registered Charity
    Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company
    Engineer (with professional qualifications)
    Fire service official
    Funeral director
    Insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
    Journalist
    Justice of the Peace
    Legal secretary (members and fellows of the Institute of legal secretaries)
    Local government officer
    Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)
    Member of Parliament
    Merchant Navy officer
    Minister of a recognised religion
    Nurse (RGN and RMN)
    Officer of the armed services (active or retired)
    Optician
    Person with honours (e.g. OBE MBE etc.)
    Personal Licensee Holders
    Photographer (professional)
    Police officer
    Post Office official
    President/Secretary of a recognised organisation
    Salvation Army officer
    Social worker
    Solicitor
    Surveyor
    Teacher, lecturer
    Trade union officer
    Travel agency (qualified)
    Valuers and auctioneers (fellow and associate members of the incorporated society)
    Warrant officers and Chief Petty Officers
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm on Medders list so if you can't find anyone better I'll bring a pen next Saturday. :-)
  • Options
    Cheers fod only trouble is we really need to do them and get em sent today as my money is running out fast!!!
  • Options
    If you have a Bank account get them to sign it. They will of course need to check your signatures / ID. They don't charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    who the bank??? just go into lloyds in nuxley village with me old passport and a clerk person would do it?? What about Erika and Daisy cos they don't have lloyds account??

This is turning into a pain in the batty hole!
  • Options
    what makes Photographers so bloody special???!!
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've got a VAT registered business MCS and I'll sign it for a pint.

I'm at home and can sign them today if you can find Bromley.

And my wife is a nurse and she's at home as well.

You've got my phone number haven't you.
  • Options
    I think you should have better prepared old beardy...

What about a Policeman ;o)
  • Options
    Well they could only do yours I'm afraid (unless they know your wife unofficially ie they know her even though she doesn't have an account)
  • Options
    Oliie, are you at home today. My wife's a teacher but is on maternity leave today. If you want I can ring her and arrange it if you want (we're in Bexley)
  • Options
    That list says Personal Licensee Holders. Surely that means you can take it down the Pub for the lanlord to sign LOL Ideal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]what makes Photographers so bloody special???!!

Yeah and who-ever knows a airplane pilot!

[cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I've got a VAT registered business MCS and I'll sign it for a pint.

I'm at home and can sign them today if you can find Bromley.

Cheers dude, if it wasn't bromley i would highly consider!!

[cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I think you should have better prepared old beardy...

What about a Policeman ;o)

Shaved it off dude haha

[cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]pretty sure cheeseroll can sign em ollie.

I am going to ring reefy then, sorted. Do you know if he is still in Plumstead??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]what makes Photographers so bloody special???!!

I thought that too. Bit odd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]Oliie, are you at home today. My wife's a teacher but is on maternity leave today. If you want I can ring her and arrange it if you want (we're in Bexley)

Cheers mate but i will save her the hassle of us 3 gingers decsending onto her haha

cheers tho mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep. near the slade.
  • Options
    shcweet man, gonna go and get daisy snapped now at bex ee eeeef flipping 7 squid!!
  • Options
    Ask greg what makes a photographer so special!!! ;o)
  • Options
    Just get the landlord of your local to sign it. Surely that's what everyone does?
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I can sign them as i'm a civil servant.I'm in London bridge at the mo but in eltham later
  • Options
    I remember being asked to sign a friends divorce papers.

He told me his wife wanted me to sign it as I was the only one with a "respectable" job title and she didn't want "carpet fitter" (MOG knows who I mean) or similar on her divorce papers.

She was nuts, mind.
  • Options

he'll love you for that ;-)

lol
  • Options
    You might want to check - if the new photo looks like the old photo then they will accept it without a countersignature.
  • Options
    I've just signed one for someone BUT whoever does it get them to be VERY careful not to go outside the box with it or you'll get it rejected. It's a bit of joke really with renewals that they are gettgin so flipping fussy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]You might want to check - if the new photo looks like the old photo then they will accept it without a countersignature.

Yeah i thought i read that somewhere on the form, cos i look the bleedin same as i did when i was 17 (oh yeah baby!!) but anyway i got CHEESEROLL occaisional charltonlife poster to do it for me am going to see him in the old mill on sunday.

Thanks for your advice and offers to help good folks of CL. Much help as usual.