Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Six Bells, Northfleet

Shamelss plug for my mates pub (sorry AFKA if i'm breaking any rules here)

Been there a bit but have just set up this website

www.thesixbells.info

She's Charlton through and through & you're sure to get a great welcome!

Comments

• Options
    Made the linky work for you, LittleSis. Hope you don't mind ;o)

www.thesixbells.info
  • Options
    cheers Oggy!
  • Options
    *thumbs up* ;o)
  • Options
    never been there, have run past it a few times but looks quite nice, will have to drag the family out there one sunday lunchtime.
  • Options
    My God that's a blast from my dim and distant ( and drunken) past. Had many a great night in the Bells back in the day. Used tobe a great meeting place after Saturday or Sunday football/rugby etc etc not to mention it is very close to what was Hall Road Girls school (It's called something else now but I don't know what). Can't imagine what the attraction of that was to a bunch of fifteen/sixteen year old lads!

God I pity the poor yoof of today who need to carry at least three forms if ID everywhere with them, it was never like that in my day, If you looked old enough for the Guvnor to get away with serving you - you got a beer. A tanner a pint it was too in them days... On ten bob a week you could get drunk every night, get a fish supper and a bus home and still have enough for 5 No 6......

......gets wheeled away drooling into ovaltine by nurse
  • Options
    JW am sure i could arrange a special price for you, now you're of a certain age. Especially as i'm sure you could spin a few yarns about the old place x
  • Options
    6d a pint, JW ......? when I started drinking it was already 11p a pint for Courage Light Ale.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]6d a pint, JW ......? when I started drinking it was already 11p a pint for Courage Light Ale.

You young whippersnapper :)
  • Options
    Yep, 'fraid so. Just can't keep up with you old fellas though .....
    ;o)
  • Options
    Walking distance from my house so maybe I'll pop along - possibly when Kigelia is going and he can buy the drinks!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2009
    Remember the 'Bells' well from schooldays. I was at Gravesend Tech in Colyer Road and in '62 they had to cobble a form together for the layabouts who hadn't got a job in the summer and needed a couple more G.C.Es. We didn't have much to do really and ended up either in someone's house or 'down the Bells' much of the time. As JW said, the guv'nor was a good 'un, turned a blind eye as long as we didn't wear blazers (bit of a give away that). Didn't do much for more G.C.Es but learned to play a blinding game of 9 card brag! Think light and bitter was around 1/6 (8p).
  • Options
    Thats one of my summer pubs, how long has she had it?
    Now i know its a charlton boozer i'll get me and mates to use it a lot more, nice garden there now the weather is turning............ perfect for a lazy sunday session in the sun!!
  • Options
    not a bad pub in my Greenhithe days
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]not a bad pub in my Greenhithe days

Not many left around her now mate
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That is a shame m8
  • Options
    Her hubby part owned it for a while but I believe it's just theirs now. She's an old school friend & her Dad is a massive Charlton fan & she goes when she can & has now started taking her beautiful son Matthew to games to carry on the support.

Living in Greenhithe I should be happy with a pub at either end of the High Street. But since the White Hart ( a massive CAFC pub back in the day) changed to the Sir John Franklin it's run by a women who never smiles just growls and has become just a food pub. The Pier, well less said really. It's ok during the day but get nearer to the evening & it just seems to completely change.

Be grateful if you pop in to see what you think.

cheers guys/gals

xx