Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My Daughter - X Factor

DA9DA9
edited April 2009 in Not Sports Related
Just found out she is through to the 1st round auditions (the big queues on the TV) of X Factor, had to do a prelimary on the phone etc with producers, 5th May at the O2.

Goonerhater, told you it runs in the family :0)

Comments

• Options
    great news mate
  • Options
    Hope she enjoys it and does well.
  • Options
    well done and good luck to her.
  • Options
    Didn't you fancy going for a duet then DA9? A bit of 'Don't Cry Daddy' would have gone down a treat with Cowell and co!
  • Options
    Go on girl, nock 'em bandy............... Good luck to her!!!
  • Options
    How lovely for her. Hope she really enjoys the experience.
  • Options
    Good luck to her.
    Is this actually with Simon and Co?, as when they show them crowds of 1000's of people I dont see how they can see them all.
    Even if there were 2000 people there and they saw them non stop, and allocated 30 secs per act that is 1000 mins = over 16 hrs.
    I think this stage might still be all these people do a live interview in front of one of many panels of producers/researchers, and these get weeded out and called back to the auditions in front of Simin and the panel which you then see on TV.
  • Options
    Hope it goes well for her DA9 and make sure you tell us how she gets on.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Didn't you fancy going for a duet then DA9? A bit of 'Don't Cry Daddy' would have gone down a treat with Cowell and co!

LOL.... I couldn't handle the fame and the money mate....LOL, but good call on the song choice.

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Good luck to her.
    Is this actually with Simon and Co?, as when they show them crowds of 1000's of people I dont see how they can see them all.
    Even if there were 2000 people there and they saw them non stop, and allocated 30 secs per act that is 1000 mins = over 16 hrs.
    I think this stage might still be all these people do a live interview in front of one of many panels of producers/researchers, and these get weeded out and called back to the auditions in front of Simin and the panel which you then see on TV.

As far as I know, it is in front of Cowell etc, they scrutinese the wackos and nutjobs first apparenty before letting them through (ie, whose going to be good value for comedy affect even though they cant sing or a complete loon), anyone with a half decent voice who gets this far gets to perform.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you all for the support, will keep you all posted, I promise she wont throw a temper tantrum if rejected, very grounded girl (she has to pick up all your dirty glasses in the Lib on a matchday for one), and I also promise her dad wont punch anyone on the panel either if so :-)
  • Options
    LOL can just see you and the meat head they have as security going toe to toe on saturday prime time TV.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]LOL can just see you and the meat head they have as security going toe to toe on saturday prime time TV.

Me & big Tony....LOL
  • Options
    Nice one E

Good luck to her
  • Options
    Good luck to her E.

I'd tell her to not let it take over too much as the reality is that for 99% it leads to upset. Charlton fan i know got through to bootcamp two years ago, and was very scathing about the whole process. How just a tiny percentage of the auditionees do so in front of the main judges, how the huge queues you see are not when the judges are there, how the nut jobs are falsely encouraged and picked out to perform in front of the judges, how everything from boot camp onwards is pretty much story booked and its clear to know who are going through and not by the ones the camera crews concentrate on etc
  • Options
    Congrats!

Good luck, them judges are kinda hard...
    Again, welldone!
  • Options
    A friend of one of my daughters reached the top 50 a few years back but was kicked off because she was "a little large" and Michelle McManus (the eventual winner that year) had already been selected as the "token fatty."

The programme is very image conscious and decisions are not entirely made on grounds of ability.
  • Options
    Good luck,

Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe had a bit of a dig around the X Factor - you can still find it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5LS5arkuaE&feature=PlayList&p=1C5FCD177C924DE1&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28

Its obviously very staged and they don't give a monkey's about being blatantly dishonest about the whole process, so I hope you are right about your girl being grounded and that they don't mess her about. Good luck.
  • Options
    and make sure you've got a sad story or amazing feat to tell. The sadder the better.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]and make sure you've got a sad story or amazing feat to tell. The sadder the better.

Maybe if she said she had a terrible father.....

Sorry E : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2009
    LOL...... can you imagine the press with my past??????????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]and make sure you've got a sad story or amazing feat to tell. The sadder the better.

If she said that her family are Charlton supporters she'll definitely get through!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Maybe if she said she had a terrible father.....

Sorry E : - )

LOL...... can you imagine the press with my past??????????

Well as her manager I'm going to get her to play on it big time. I reckon I can get you a "my side of the story" piece with the NOTW for about £10k : - )
  • Options
    Good stuff DA9. Hope fame and fortune awaits her.
  • Options
    Yes, nice one DA9. Look forward to seeing her get through.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]A friend of one of my daughters reached the top 50 a few years back but was kicked off because she was "a little large" and Michelle McManus (the eventual winner that year) had already been selected as the "token fatty."

The programme is very image conscious and decisions are not entirely made on grounds of ability.

No shit Sherlock...

DA9, if she has to join in the debacle, at least get her to sing a Janis Martin song... ;-)
  • Options
    How about "so you wanna be a rock and roll star" by the Byrds. All about manufactured groups.
  • Options
    Good luck a friend of mine is in Britains got talent in a couple of weeks time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]A friend of one of my daughters reached the top 50 a few years back but was kicked off because she was "a little large" and Michelle McManus (the eventual winner that year) had already been selected as the "token fatty."

No shit Sherlock...

DA9, if she has to join in the debacle, at least get her to sing a Janis Martin song... ;-)

Hey, good call Algarve ;-)
  • Options
    sad story ????

how about my --- Dads a Charlton fan who thinks he is Elvis ?

mind you we could get a few of the chaps to go say hello to Cowells minder if that would help DA9 ?

any chance she could get me an interview 1/1 with Cheryl Cole ?

PS my best wishes with her mate.