Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackberrys

My mobile contracts currently coming to an end, been offered a blackberry etc to stay with the network.

Worthwhile getting one at all? Everyone seems to have them nowadays whats all the hype about?

cheers

Comments

• Options
    I use one for work - very useful, even invaluable, but then I spend a lot of time at airports, overseas, and in hotels.

Not sure how useful it would be otherwise as I normally have access to a laptop.
  • Options
    Worthwhile getting one at all? Everyone seems to have them nowadays whats all the hype about?

If you travel a lot then yes...also if you are on-call at weekends/evenings/Bank Holidays. But be aware that all work e-mails come your way...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Worthwhile getting one at all? Everyone seems to have them nowadays whats all the hype about?

If you travel a lot then yes...also if you are on-call at weekends/evenings/Bank Holidays. But be aware that all work e-mails come your way...

Just set up your filters properly and you can easily edit what you recieve and what you don't
  • Options
    One word of warning - put it anywhere near your train season ticket and it will de-magnetise the strip on the back. Have had to change my ticket about 8 times in the last three months - complete pain in the jacksie!

Other than that, it can be quite addictive - buzzing for attention everytime an email comes in. They don't call them "Crackberries" for nothing. Once you start with it you're hooked!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]One word of warning - put it anywhere near your train season ticket and it will de-magnetise the strip on the back. Have had to change my ticket about 8 times in the last three months - complete pain in the jacksie!

Happens a lot with my hotel keys as well - they are all cards with magnetic strips these days so I keep returning to reception informing them that their keys don't work !
  • Options
    Is it gonna be more expensive? What network? You could also tout round to other networks and see what deal they would offer after telling them what your current network are offering.
  • Options
    Which one of the would you fellas recommend?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Which one of the would you fellas recommend?
    The Bold. The Storm is the biggest piece of shit ever built.
  • Options
    Blackberry - get behind me satan!!!

Work have been trying to get me to pick mine up since June last year!. Have missed 4-5 appointments to collect for a variety of unavoidable reasons.

Have personally just upgraded and went from Nokia N95 8GB to iphone 3G 16GB. Was looking at the N96 but it felt very plastic and was basically a rehash of the N95 with a bit more memory. I didn't really use the business tools on the previous model so thought I'd go for the more multi media based iphone.

Am usually very anti-apple but am so far loving the iphone. Just driving myself crackers with my OCD behaviour towards fingerprints on the touch screen....
  • Options
    I've got a bold for work, and loathe it with a passion.

Will collect my iPhone in August
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iPhone is my weapon of choice too and what a weapon it is!

Work wanted me to get a blackberry and I refused as I want a life
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Have switched from a Blackberry to a BT 'broadband anywhere' phone. Far cheaper (if you''ve already got BT broadband at home it will cost you only an extra fiver a month) - and arguably more user friendly.

Also got given a Sony Erricson walkman phone by the manufacturers with e-mail/internet, which my wife uses and says is very convenient (as well as holding thousands more songs than you could ever want to listen to, having high quality radio reception and a brilliant camera with 8 mega pixels). Again, she prefers it to the Blackberry.
  • Options
    I have a curve, and as an email / phone device, it's great, this replaced a series of appalling email/phone devices with Windows mobile software on them (HTC, MDA, etc) which are appallingly bad, windows mobile is a good email software but the phone software just does not work, awful awful awful things.
  • Options
    I had a Blackberry curve (great phone) and a Blackberry pearl (sending email is to much like texting)

Have now got a Nokia E71 and it's a great phone / email, would highly recommend it
  • Options
    I like blackberries and custard....
  • Options
    If its for 'personal ' use OK
    For business its makes work 24/7 unless you switch the 'kin thing OFF and have
    a seperate personal mobile.
  • Options
    Just got a Blackberry Curve 8900. £29 per month 100 minutes plus inclusive data at no charge including roaming. That seemed like a decent deal to me. Everybody elses tariff that I came across charged data on a daily rate or by usage which can work out pretty expensive.

I have to say I really like it.
  • Options
    it's all about htc!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Radzinsky[/cite]it's all about htc!

Nope haven't a clue what that is?
  • Options
    http://www.mobileflipper.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/htc-hero-pictures-15.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watch out for the Vodafone 360 experience.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AppyAddick[/cite]Watch out for the Vodafone 360 experience.

Now come on guys I'm the wrong side of 50, please don't post riddles, whats that then?
  • Options
    I was offered one, but I don't want to receive e-mails out of hours, it's bad enough getting a phone call at 7pm.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I was offered one, but I don't want to receive e-mails out of hours, it's bad enough getting a phone call at 7pm.
    Work in IT mate. I get phone calls, emails, SMS messages and even still have a bloody pager in case none of them wake me up.