Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbishley: "They should have kept Dowie"

Comments

• Options
    i dont ever say fuk all against king curbs but imo he should button it with shit like that sounds very smug
  • Options
    I think to stop people making commetns like this everyone needs to know what REALLY happened with Dowie.

I know there are legal implications but the sooner this comes out the better and people can't stop saying we over-reacted with getting rid of Dowie.

(For the record, I thought he was ok in the 15 games he was with us as I expected a difficult season regardless).
  • Options
    tell him to get his own ideas. there is already a thread running on this here
  • Options
    He's not exactly said that has he.
    "I was in the job for over 15 years. Iain got 15 games. I don't know if that was a wise thing or a major bearing on it," Curbishley told BBC Radio Kent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    I know there are legal implications but the sooner this comes out the better and people can't stop saying we over-reacted with getting rid of Dowie.

(For the record, I thought he was ok in the 15 games he was with us as I expected a difficult season regardless).

Whty what happened - lol - whisper whisper whisper
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think to stop people making commetns like this everyone needs to know what REALLY happened with Dowie.

Given the belief/rumours that dowie wasn't sacked just for the on-field results he achieved, Curbs shouldn't comment on whether the decision was right or wrong. He was out of the loop at that stage i assume, so it's unfair on the people that made the decision. It seems that they also can't defend themselves for the legal reasons WSS mentions.
  • Options
    Scoham: I know, I went all "The Sun" on my title.

Ledge: I honestly don't know the true reasons and I think the only people that do are probably RM, ID and maybe PV.
  • Options
    Curbs is wrong.
    The problem wasn't in giving Dowie too little time.
    The problem was giving Dowie ANY time!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite] Curbs is wrong.

There, Oooh Aaaaargh! - it's in black and white, you can't deny it ...........

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]Curbs is wrong.

On that we agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Scoham: I know, I went all "The Sun" on my title.
    WSS, it was obvious it wasn't a direct quote. Curbs would've said "They should of kept Dowie"
  • Options
    lol, Ali

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

On that we agree.

I may have to print out that response and save it. ;-)
  • Options
    Praps.
  • Options
    the reason Dowie was sacked was twofold, Traore and Faye!!
  • Options

On that we agree.

YEAH, what we needed was someone to represent the views of the fans, to maybe suggest we didnt think it would be wise to go down the Dowie route. If only we had some kind of position that would have allowed that to happen ;o)
  • Options

On that we agree.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bummmmmmmmmmppppppppp

as my head hits the desk
  • Options
    The more chite we become the better it looks for Curbs, don't pretend otherwise....for Curbs to be a hard act to follow makes him more employable for somebody.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Scoham: I know, I went all "The Sun" on my title.
    WSS, it was obvious it wasn't a direct quote. Curbs would've said "They should of kept Dowie"

Actually he'd have said "P'raps they should have kept Dowie".
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Some of you might care to look up this column by the then fan's director in the CL archives :

"What encouraged me was that Iain has a long term plan, is very hands on and looking for improvements all round. That means current internationals being shown how to improve their distribution or varying the options for going past players. The coaching team also use a lot of psychology and scientific data. Results may not be going our way, but it’s certainly not as a result of a lack of fitness or planning.

Iain is also very in touch with the young players and already has plans for adding to the good crop of players coming through with prospects from other clubs.''

Possibly all true and it sounds like Dowie was regarded by many as doing a good job on the pitch. But then he allegedly wasn't sacked for matters on the pitch...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]The more chite we become the better it looks for Curbs, don't pretend otherwise....for Curbs to be a hard act to follow makes him more employable for somebody.

Whilst I understand your logic, Seth, Curbs doesn't seem to have been overwhelmed with offers since he left Wet Spam. And I certainly do not think that he wished this on us out of selfishness.
  • Options
    Does anybody else feel totally p1ssed off hearing the line "he wasn't sacked for football reasons but the true story cannot be told for legal reasons"

I didn't want Dowie to get the job. But I also think the board sacked him too soon, probably out of panic.
    The business about the review (was it strategic review, I can't remember) just came across as so much half-baked, transparent bullshit.
    If he wasn't sacked for football reasons, surely they can say "breach of club discipline" or some bland but obvious statement.

Until somebody has the guts to say different, I'm putting it down to a panic sacking and anything else is just idle gossip.
  • Options
    WSS
    You start a thread with a quote.
    Where did you get this quote from, because I cant find it anywhere?
    Have you decided to make up your own quote just to amuse or annoy us?
    Or do you have an ulterior motive?
    either way what do you hope to achieve?
    Treated Without Any Thought
  • Options
    American Addick
    Dont remember you being at the forefront of the very few voices who were against Dowie coming.
    I admire your opticians out there in Disney`s America - they have given you fantastic hindsight!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: A-R-T-H-U-R[/cite]WSS
    You start a thread with a quote.
    Where did you get this quote from, because I cant find it anywhere?
    Have you decided to make up your own quote just to amuse or annoy us?
    Or do you have an ulterior motive?
    either way what do you hope to achieve?
    Treated Without Any Thought
    Excuse me? Has your sense of humour been credit crunched?